Woody Allen/Dylan Farrow, NYT open letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing everybody knows the Woody Allen/Mia Farrow divorce story. Today his adopted daughter wrote a open letter in the NYT about the experience and the accusations against Woody are pretty devastating. My issue is that Woody Allen was never convicted, put on trial, or even arrested but the NYT published the letter anyway. Do you think they were right to? Also as far as the accusations it was before my time so I am not going to make a comment either way on it.

Woody Allen's daughter writes open letter in the NY times about the sexual abuse he subjected her to http://bit.ly/1fxM1Jj

demuredawn

honestly... i think that as long as the new york times quotes it as being said by his daughter and not as definitive fact... they are within their rights to do so... its when they take away that it is coming from the daughter and/or start insinuating it is fact they are in fact very wrong and inflamatory.

kinda follows along the lines of... anyone can file a police report against you for anything, whether its true or not... any police report can be released to the public. therefore, even fiction about you can be spread... but so long as it is known that it has not yet been proven or was never proven.... then there is no wrong doing in the release of it. does that make sense?

Twocky61

Banned Member
The trouble is Farandaway the accusations made about Woody Allen, Dave Lee Travis, William Roache etc. etc. are just that - accusations - obviously some of the people accused are going to be guilty of having committed the acts they are accused off, but just as equally there are those falsely accused - A case in point (in my view - I could be wrong) is Michael Jackson - Was he guilty of those accusations made by the parents of those children, who visited his own private theme park and shared a bed with? Or was it those same parents jumping on the litigation band-wagon? Now it could quite easily be implied he was guilty, or why else did he share his bed with those children? Conversely it could be said Michael was like a child himself, having no real childhood, travelling around with the Jackson 5 from an early age, so he subsequently had sleep-overs with those kids as he would if he was a kid himself - Obviously society, cynical as it is, would naturally assume he is abusing them - What does anyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00