Wooooooohoooooooo

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, May 12, 2011.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I guess i was right not to build up any hopes. Got a letter today saying that im being discharged from the Outpatients unit at hospital because their is essentially nothing they can do because they believe my liver would not be able to cope with anymore treatment. Never mind that the Hep C has already fucking done that anyway. Please dont bother with replies like oh look on the bright side, or surely their is something they can do etc. I dont need it and dont wanna hear it anymore

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

3. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

sits and hugs angerfist. Life is not fair. Thinking of u xx

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Seems pretty cold that they said all this to you in a letter. :hug: I know there's not much anyone can say to make you feel better. You know where I'm at if you need anything.

5. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Don't really know what to say that i haven't already said :S but like Alison said you know where i am :hug:

6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Im sorry :console:

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well you know what time to go to another hospital okay another doctor They cannot simply give up. You need to go else where then to get treatment needed to keep you stable

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:i'm sorry: Wayne..you must be feeling pretty damned awful...*hugs* for you.

here if you need me..

9. Kaos General

Yep and i get people almost daily asking if i have.

Forget i even said anything. I shouldve known all i would get was why dont you go and see a new doctor etc. Just wondering how many doctors i should go through? 3...4...5??? I cannot have any treatment. None at all because it will cause liver failure.

10. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Truly Truly sorry you are going through this

I'm in a similar space. WTF. More f-ing doctors, i think fucking not! It gets old, it gets tiring, they can't do anything anyway.

I hate to see you give up all hope though, honestly. I do wish that hope comes back around your way again and perhaps a glimmer of light shimmers through. It's a bad bad space when she evades you.

**hug** for you if you want it.

11. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

sorry and how rude of them, but they only "believe" doesnt mean its definite. i know you dont want to hear it, but they believe means they think, means they are not sure...either way its sux that they write to say to you "sod off". if you are resigned, at least do it in full possession of facts, make appt to see your doc and ask him/her exactly why they believe, you wont feel any worse.

anyways.... so sorry :console::cheekkiss

12. Kaos General

The reason i am resigned to it is because this isn't the first time this has happened. Ive been through this before when they put me through 6 months of hell on interferon. Then they tried me on interferon combined with ribavarin, neither has worked and they think if they put me through this new drug called telpravir then that mixed with interferon would damage my liver beyond any help. My liver is just about hanging on and is still able to work properly. Its damaged but its stable. Eventually it will get worse but at the moment thats the best i can hope for

13. total eclipse

perhaps they are hoping a new set of drugs come out as well and want to keep your liver for now working as it is If it gets worse perhaps then they will try new drug i don't know as i am not the professional but it does not hurt to have more opinions more professionals to help you your gp should not give up nor should anyone

14. Kaos General

The only option they have at the moment is more interferon. Interferon is essentially chemotherapy. I have had 3 rounds of it. Even if they were to offer it again im not really sure i want to put myself through that for another 6 months. Interferon is just nasty. Its 1000 times worse than when i detoxed off methadone. But it lasted a lot longer

15. total eclipse

I know hun it is awful makes you weak and sick i know you have to decide that one but i hope they do come up with more options soon i do hope that for you h ugs

16. Kaos General

As long as my liver is working i dont really care. If they come up with something that has more than a 20% chance of working then i might consider it