Words of encouragement :-)

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by happiness, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happiness

happiness Member

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. I intend to make anyone who reads this to see that life will get better - you just need to be patient and have faith. Be optimistic.

My story - I grew up in a pretty well of family. Never really had any money problems, abuse, family problems for the most part. However, I always was depressed because of my size, never having any friends, and never having a relationship. Even to this day never kissed a girl at 22 years old...

Recently, I tried committing suicide via alcohol and sleeping pills. I still felt like killing myself after my 1st attempt and tried again with more drugs... After the second attempt I met the most amazing girl in the world. We never really went out or dated but I now have a true friend after 22 years. Point is it may have taken 22 years to find a friend but hanging out and having someone there for me completely changed my perspective on life. I was no longer lonely, didn't eat by myself, didn't go home and watch tv by myself, etc. This is basically showed me there are good people out there. I became truly happy, something that meds could never achieve. Just have hope.

Start going to more volunteer events because you will meet some of the most amazing people there. Start putting yourself out more. Wear your favorite bands t-shirt and people will make small talk with you which could lead to friendships. I guess this is just words of encourage for the loners like me but after two failed suicide attempts I am so glad I lived.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Happiness , welcome to SF.

Thank you for that inspiring and motivational post :D Im sure it will give hope to many people here, you are brave to share your story with us! Take care ~
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Great news thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.