• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Words

Anyone have any self-help advice on how to chill out about trigger words?! I dont even mean traumatic words, just ordinary words that dont have any bad connotation to them generally but make me feel sick/overthink/trigger anxiety. Obviously on some sites you can mute words (like Twitter) but other places you cant. For example if someone said something shitty to you and from then on if you see words they used when they were shitty elsewhere it triggers that bad memory of when they were crappy to you. I dont want to be pathetic, I want to be able to see any word and not worry that its going to make me feel sick! Or advice on how to be tougher?! Or desensitize yourself to things?!

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
Letting-go of bad thoughts to certain words. Try forgiving the words and yourself for allowing them to trigger bad feelings. Just because someone says something bad to you does not mean they know what they are talking about. They need forgiveness too. A word is a word and has no meaning but that which you give it. Others' bad remarks to you have no power but what you give them. The ultimate solution is to love yourself and know you are safe and secure at all times in all situations. Check my story for more info.

Letting-go of bad thoughts to certain words. Try forgiving the words and yourself for allowing them to trigger bad feelings. Just because someone says something bad to you does not mean they know what they are talking about. They need forgiveness too. A word is a word and has no meaning but that which you give it. Others' bad remarks to you have no power but what you give them. The ultimate solution is to love yourself and know you are safe and secure at all times in all situations. Check my story for more info.
that's a good point, I'll make note of it. Thank you ♥

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00