work at home jobs

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by wanttodie, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

Do you know of some genuine work at home jobs ? Please post links. Most of them demand some money so it's a fake. that's a given.
  2. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I've looked and looked but never found any legitimate opportunities.
  3. wanttodie

There are many legitimate opportunities; I was hoping that many people over here would be employed in such jobs given our condition. That's why I asked it here.
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Exactly. I've looked too. Not hard but I've looked. All I ever found was stuff that wanted me to pay them before they'd even tell me what I'd be doing, or stuff where you have to pay for an "information packet" that supposedly tells you how to start your own business. On occasion, I've seen a few things that looked legit but the qualifications for it were ridiculously out of proportion for the skills you'd actually need to do the job.
  5. wanttodie

I've looked around a lot and have been seeking advice from some people online. they told me about a few sites that are genuine but they are all charging about 70-100 $ per month. Too much for a person residing in a country where the value of currency is 1/40th of dollar. Seems like the whole world is in some kind of collusion against social phobes. :laugh:
  6. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Well, not many exist but some do and are serious about the job offered and expect as much seriousness from you, the worker. Some ask for some experience and others will even take wihtout experience after a trial on a fake work similar to the one to be done and paid for. They pay by paypal and the like.

Keep looking guys. Most I have come across can be found in forums. Not through home work- work at home- etc... search.

Sorry can't post the link as against the rules of the forum am refering to but do not stop looking..... widen your search wording is all I can tell you.

Good luck and dont give up. With some patience and lock you will come across them as well.

p.s. taxes are to be handled by 'you' not who offers the job(s). and some do ensure that taxes are being paid to avoid problems with fisk or else as offers are international and lat thing they do need is to end up with problems with the law. should be thankful that they think of those who cant work outside their home for some reasons. (hint for search :)
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  7. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Well, there's always freelance work.

Send me a PM if you're passionate in one or more of the following areas, and I might be able to help you out. Keep in mind that these are mainly opportunities for college students or other young adults looking to build a portfolio and add contacts. Freelance projects are great hobbies, but usually not good sources of income.

- Visual artwork
    - Programming
    - Literary arts
    - Web design
  8. wanttodie

I am a computer science graduate but I don't live in the states; I live in India.
  9. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I havn't found genuine home working opportunities either.
    The only other avenue I can think of is to work in a little corner shop or something, where your flat is above the shop. But I know it's difficult interacting with people. Just a thought.
  10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Do you live in the u.s.? If so, I have a couple.

Try, a VERY rewarding job tutoring under-priveledged children. It pays 10 dollars per hour. Also there is CAHSEE (I forget the website) but it is a job grading essays of California high school students for their exit exams. Also 10 dollars an hour. If you have experience teaching English as a second language, you can grade those essays for 18 dollars an hour.
  11. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK, but I hope your suggestions help others Anastasia.
  12. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Then it seems that you're in a much better position than most to make a go of working from home.

As others have pointed out, it's rarely a practical way to support yourself. It is a practical way to gain experience/good karma, which can lead to a real job.

But there's also a significant downside--difficulty in separating your work and home lives. If you live them in the same space, one will inevitably take over the other.

Even Homer Simpson couldn't make it work (when he purposely gained weight to get on disability with the goal of working from home). India being a civilized country, I'm sure you're familiar with the episode I'm talking about.
  13. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

i do work at home doing surveys.. i get paid pretty fairly but its not every day or week, just when they have a survey for you to do. right now i work with 2500 companies and do 5 to 10 surveys a week but there is like 7500 or more companies that i probably could sign up for and make some more money. also they send you products to test and use in your own home for free, you get to keep the products for free and give your opinion on them and get paid for it. products range from simple food items to electrionics to automobiles.. if anyone is interested pm me and i will give you a link to them.. this is the same info all those others pay money for .. if you do a google search you will see some advertising a link but then you have to pay 30 or 40 dollars just for the list.. it is the same list i have.. dont pay for any lists , i can give them to you free because they were given to me free.. true survey companies never charge you to be a member , you sign up free and they pay you.. those that do charge are fakes.. if you want the list pm me..
  14. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

here you go..

never pay for the list of survey companies.. those that charge you are frauds. real survey companies never charge you to sign up and do their surveys..

on this link.. this is a list of 700 survey companies.. you have to click on each one to sign up for each survey company. it is free to sign up.. when you click on this link. be sure to scroll all the way to the right side of the screen.. in that area it will say like USA ONLY OR WORLDWIDE, OR MAYBE FINLAND ONLY.. what this is, is that if it says USA only.. that means its for those that live in the USA only, if it says worldwide. it means anyone can sign up.. just make sure you scroll over there and see if its in your area. it will save you some time. i did not do that and wasted a lot of time signing up only to find out it was for uk only , so it will save you some time. it links to like one for uk and one under it for USA.. usually so make sure you sign up with the right one..

here you go..

if this link dont work , please let me know.. but it should work..
    edited to say that this site is updated often.. so even if you do sign up with all the companies here , new ones come out all the time, so check back often to sign up on the new ones
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.