Empathy Only Work is making me lose my sanity

Sewicide

I work in healthcare (residential homes with adults with disabilities and intellectual/mental health issues).

I was trying to do something nice today for a client by trying to arrange a ride to take her for a drive. The other houses I contacted blew my request out of proportion and started to text & call management to ‘tell on me.’

Management then called me to see wtf was going on. They then said I did nothing wrong and wasn’t in trouble and that next time to call them.

but I was so upset and frustrated with how it was handled that I told them I didn’t care what they had to say. I’m tired of being thrown under the bus and that other staff use me as a scapegoat when they don’t want to do their jobs. My bosses should have trusted that I was just trying to do an innocent thing instead of listening to the bullshit FIRST AND THEN calling me to clarify. I did nothing wrong. I was lucky they realized this in the end but what the fuck? I’m a grown ass adult who was trying to do something nice for a client who is wheelchair bound and hasn’t been out of the house in a month since her house doesn’t have appropriate transportation.

Sewicide

Sorry that this happened. It's really a lot nicer when you have good coworkers, but most of the jobs that I've had, there's always at least one person who causes a lot of trouble.
In my case, it was several :( ugh. Last time I go out of my way

That's terrible if that's the lesson that comes out of this, but I'm not sure what else you can do under the circumstances

Sewicide

That's terrible if that's the lesson that comes out of this, but I'm not sure what else you can do under the circumstances
It really is because I try to be selfless and then it blows up in my face... I am still at work (16 hours later). I just want to go home and self-destruct so I can sleep

Even if you have light work, back-to-back 16's are a problem because there's no way you can get a decent night's sleep, and there's no time to do stuff like buy groceries or do laundry.

Sewicide

Even if you have light work, back-to-back 16's are a problem because there's no way you can get a decent night's sleep, and there's no time to do stuff like buy groceries or do laundry.
Seriously... and the clients are very demanding. Some are physically aggressive and some are mentally exhausting (manipulative, deceitful, spiteful). And some can be both

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00