Work Problems.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MonkeyCadet, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeyCadet

MonkeyCadet Member

So I've just recently gotten into s/h, and my forearms are the evidence to show... Now I work in a kitchen as a cook, and as part of our uniforms, we have these long-sleeved white cooking jackets, but it's mandatory for us to have the sleeves rolled up while we're on shift (sanitation type thing). Anywho.... I'm worried that when I go back to work, someone's going to point out the marks on my arms, then ask what happened... With this in mind, I'm terrified to show up to work now, as it's a question that would put me on the spot and possibly even cause me to have a mental breakdown while working (given the state of mind I've been in for a while). So I was just curious if anyone knew of ways I could possibly hide the marks without making it obvious that's something happened, or even just reasons that I could give for what happened while avoiding the main source of the marks :s Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

talk to pharmacist ok there is a cover up for scars that is water proof You don't have to give anyone explanations hun none of their business but try talking to your pharmacist ok and just cover the scars up hugs

3. MonkeyCadet

MonkeyCadet Member

I went in and I talked to my manager about it.... Not necessarily talked to him about it but I brought up the sanitation problem, and then showed him :s It was hard, but I knew he was someone I could trust (out of the 4 other managers he has helped me the most with this job). Me and him then went and talked at a park for an hour and a bit, it was really nice... He even got me some bandages from the office at my restaurant! And provided me with a good excuse why my arms would be bandaged up for a while.... I guess all it took was a bit of courage and trust, and I may be able to slide past this now.... Hopefully :s

4. OldGuy

OldGuy Active Member

Good for you for trusting your manager. How do you feel now that at least with that person its out in the open?

5. MonkeyCadet

MonkeyCadet Member

It's nice.... Takes a little of the stress away. I'm still nervous that if they don't heal soon or if I do it again, then it may seem a bit strange to have my arms wrapped up all the time. He's working with me tonight so he said he can look out for me to help me avoid the questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.