Work related suicidal thoughts and feelings

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Vanguard, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanguard

Vanguard New Member

Am I the only one who has suicidal thoughts and feelings connected with work?

I currently really struggling - for a variety of reasons. I'm thinking a lot about suicide, but I'm not yet suicidal, although I fear I may end that way if things continue. I don't know what to do right now.

Anyone else had work-related problems that have pushed them this far?
  2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I can say that I have had work related problems make me more suicidal. I find that a crappy work environment can be hard on the heart. I felt better, for a bit, once I got out of the job.
  3. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

I too am having work related issues. I work with my ex and most people stay away from me, so my sense of isolation is crushing. I'm going to leave all though my boss is trying to get me to stay on. All in all I can't see how I can stay.
  4. Vanguard

Vanguard New Member

I work in a huge open plan office with 200 people on each floor but I find myself very isolated. Part of that is down to the fact that I have aspergers. Also, I have a line manager who is useless (he isn't a bully - he's just useless and can't manage people). Our team leader doesn't care (he's always in meetings - and people who are always in meetings never do any work!) and I have been left without work and isolated and it has been like this for over two years now. The suicidal thoughts and feelings are therefore only connected with work and being there.

Does anyone else only suffer these feelings in a particular environment?
  5. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

I was pushed over the edge from many years of bullying by a manager. I Had a lot of things going on in my life and he said chose the wrong day and wrong words. I went home for lunch, woke up days later from a suicide attempt.
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Yeah I have been in a similar setup.... maybe not as massive as your office, but I have had the same manager and lead problems. That causes too much undo stress
  7. privatename

privatename Well-Known Member

I work out of my home and have a relative living with me. So needless to say I can't escape my work environment at all.
    I don't get any respite from work related activities or from my family. There is no peace here.I'm on edge all the time. I really want to run away from home but I can't because home is where I work. I seriously consider suicide on a daily basis.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  8. lilodian4ever

lilodian4ever Account Closed

Hi Vanguard,

I can kinda relate to what you're going through.

Work is one of the biggest stressors in my life right now. I'm going to escape pretty soon (from Earth), for many other reasons, but work is definitely pushing me closer and closer to the edge. The stress is just too much for me to handle. Too many people expecting too much of me, constantly. Difficult personalities to deal with, people pushing my buttons for no apparent reasons. FUCK THEM, FUCK WORK, AND FUCK THIS PLACE
  9. Vanguard

Vanguard New Member

Work is very difficult right now. The problem is that people seem to think that it's a small part of your life. It isn't. It's a huge part and it is affecting me a lot at the moment.

What I really need are some ways of getting through the next few months. Anyone got any ideas?
  10. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

Can you listen to music at work? I went to a gym on my lunch break. Focus on Hobbies that you like that you can do after work to settle your mind from thinking about work. I know its very hard I understand.
  11. Vanguard

Vanguard New Member

I don't have any work to do at the moment - that's a large part of the problem. My role should have plenty but the team has been skewed to use skills I don't have so I sit there all day. Nobody talks to me, nobody sends me e-mails - I feel really isolated and cut off.
  12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Last week was the week from hell. I had to take down some confusing information and what made it worse was that my pc keyboard was malfunctioning, which made it take longer to do my work.
  13. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I've been in the situation that you are now in. It's not easy but you have to remember "it's only a paycheck." I got used to the loneliness, at home and at work. It still is not easy. I wish I could give you advice but I have trouble dealing with the situation also. I usually start looking for a new job in that situation but maybe you should talk to your boss about your workload. If it doesn't work out you may have to move on.
  14. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I totally get that. Sometimes I think I would rather die than go in. When it goes badly it is hell on earth, but when it goes well it's the only time I'm really happy.
  15. Moat

Moat Banned Member

No, I do not think that you are only person who has suicidal thoughts about work; I myself think about it on a daily basis, to the point of actually having a plan set and ready to go at a moments' notice, but I do not act on it because I am held by my own thoughts that this is only life I will ever leave and i still have far too many things that I want to experience and/or do before I seriously think about putting something like that into motion.
    I know some people would ask, 'what is the point in waiting to experience and/or do those things' but for me, I guess you could call it a life's goal, something that I really have to do before i bid this World a final farewell. In the end, that is what is keeping me going and while i have those suicidal thoughts a lot (sometimes on a daily basis) I am kind of thankful that the goal(s) I have to do are what is keeping me going.
    That is some small comfort to me, at least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.