Work stress is killing me

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by cloudysky, Aug 4, 2016.

1. cloudysky

cloudysky New Member

I'm so stressed with this team project that I've been assigned to do that I feel very suffocated in the office. Among my team members, I feel that I have the least value-add and all I can think of is for the project to end. I couldn't say no because I'm in this talent programme which means additional bonus but also more work. It got so bad today that I started entertaining suicidal thoughts and ended up here. For my own sanity, should I leave the talent programme after this project is over? I'm pretty sure I don't have the mental strength to be piled on additional work all the time...I don't want to be at the organisation's mercy anymore. There's no shame throwing in the towel and just being an ordinary employee is there? How nice would it be to disappear so all the stress won't be after me:s

2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi cloudsky and welcome to SF. In my humble opinion, no job is worth the amount of stress you appear to be under right now. If its that bad that you are having suicidal thoughts because of it, then yes, maybe its time to move on.

We are not all the same. Some people work well under pressure and handle the stress without problem, others prefer to be in the background doing the spadework that all projects require. Theres no fault in that.

Is it possible to talk it over with a doctor? They might be able to give you are short term fix with some medication, but yeah, to me, the real fix is iether a different dept or a different job if the stress is that bad.

3. HeretoHelpz

HeretoHelpz Member

Hello Cloud,

I agree with SK there is no job that should make you feel like that i had a similar situation with work more pressure getting putting onto me and honestly i had a breakdown and took 2 weeks on sick. When i did come back i talked to my manager and i got a lot of support and now i have never been better at home and work it all depends on your situation with your work do you like your job? or is it making you unhappy or is just the project and the pressure making you unhappy if you wasn't good at the job and can't add anything to the project why would you be on it?

Don't keep putting yourself down you have the talent and the skills to be able to do the project why else would you be on it.