Work stress

PhoenixLady

Thanks kiwi and inno for checking in.
I think it’s been a little better but it really depends on the day and how busy the phones are. Something else i am struggling with is my supervisor started this new thing where she sits with us an hour twice a month. I had my first on last week and it was very nerve wracking. Ever have that problem when someone is standing right by you it’s like you forget how to type or spell or even how to talk? Yeah well that’s me for an entire hour with supervisor. On top of having her watch how I handle things and correct me as I go along isn’t hard enough she had me handle a call I would normally just transfer. A call that I am not trained in nor have access to the computer applications it takes to complete that call. She gave me her access to those applications so I had to take the the call and my one hour sit with turned in to almost two hours.
I know I’m not doing horribly it’s just a very often frustrating and stressful job and I need to learn how to manage the stress

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks kiwi and inno for checking in.
I think it’s been a little better but it really depends on the day and how busy the phones are. Something else i am struggling with is my supervisor started this new thing where she sits with us an hour twice a month. I had my first on last week and it was very nerve wracking. Ever have that problem when someone is standing right by you it’s like you forget how to type or spell or even how to talk? Yeah well that’s me for an entire hour with supervisor. On top of having her watch how I handle things and correct me as I go along isn’t hard enough she had me handle a call I would normally just transfer. A call that I am not trained in nor have access to the computer applications it takes to complete that call. She gave me her access to those applications so I had to take the the call and my one hour sit with turned in to almost two hours.
I know I’m not doing horribly it’s just a very often frustrating and stressful job and I need to learn how to manage the stress
You're reminding me of what you always said to me about breathing.
Does your art help at all?
I find it nearly impossible to work with people watching.....
(((hugs))) hope it does get easier and easier still

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
I can't even imagine what it was like to have your supervisor sit over you while doing your work...but it sounds like you did fine so congratulate yourself on that...hope that things are getting a bit easier for you...sending you hugs.

PhoenixLady

It’s okay but I’m having a bit of an off day . I got a low score on a call and I’ve had a few complicated cases that I am working on
Tomorrow will be fun
I have a special project I’m working on the a team meeting and then even though I’ve only been here since March I am training the new trainer for four hours
Thanks for asking

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00