Work SUCKS! [WARNING: Explicit Content]

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by firehawk, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firehawk

firehawk Member

The last few months, I've been getting scheduled for weird shifts and getting stuck in Drive-thru at the fast-food restaurant I work at. The last few weeks, it's been getting worse. Last week, I told my manager about a syndrome that I have called Fibromyalgia, and expressed concerns that if the weird scheduling and being in a stationary position like drive-thru or front counter didn't stop, it would start causing me major mental and physical health problems. He told me he would stop.

Today, I was scheduled for a 12p-10p shift, which is bad enough on it's own (especially considering that the crew is NEVER supposed to get a 10 hour shift without volunteering), but I also got put into drive-thru AGAIN. When I talked to him today about it, reminding him about the whole situation, he just shrugged me off and acted like we never talked about it, and that he didn't care, and proceeded to tell me all about how I'm the ONLY one that knows drive-thru, and how he can't hire anyone else because we're at our employment cap or some bull-shit like that, and to top it all off, he then explained how nobody else was willing to learn drive-thru; All of which is complete and utter BULL-SHIT! There were 3 other people there that I KNOW can run drive-thru, we've been handing out job apps like crazy, and it doesn't matter if they WANT to learn drive-thru or not! I didn't want to learn it when I started, yet I did because it was my god damned job! Needless to say, that pissed me off to no end.

Around 3:00, I started getting dumb ass customers who had no FUCKING CLUE what they wanted, and kept asking for shit from other chains! I swear they're all fucking retarded! THERE'S A FUCKING HUGE ASS SIGN WITH THE NAME OF THE GOD DAMN RESTAURANT AND OUR MENU RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FUCKING FACE!!

About 4:30, I had enough. The only thing that was keeping me from screaming at the customers and killing my manager and some of my coworkers was an empty box of kid's meal toys that took the brunt of my anger. Let's just say I kicked that damn thing so many times, you can't even tell it was a box any more. As for the walls, I'm surprised there aren't any holes in the ceramic tiling.

Around 7:15, my manager came back and told me I was being moved to the food assembly line. Now, remember, I haven't even had my break yet, which I was supposed to get around 5:00. However, I did feel some relief because that was an area I liked. You move around a quite a bit, the floors are a little slippery (even with the non-slip shoes) because of the grease from the meat, so you keep your legs and back moving a tiny bit all the time to keep your balance. After an hour or so, my manager put me back in drive-thru because I wasn't fast enough. I wanted to scream at him and tell him "Of course not FUCK-TARD! I almost never get placed here, so I never get a fucking chance to practice, PLUS MY HANDS, FEET AND ANKLES ARE SWOLLEN FROM PUNCHING AND KICKING THE WALL TO KEEP FROM KILLING YOU!" I never did say it, but judging by his startled look when I looked up at him, I think he may have gotten the message anyways.

Finally I got my break around 8:00, which I almost just walked away from the job during. When I did return to work, things were a little better. I was placed back in the assembly line until the end of my shift. But the whole day had been ruined for me. Now I'm sitting here, my feet, ankles, and hands swollen and throbbing in pain, and the fibro is flaring up, which only makes the pain worse, and adds more pain to the rest of my body.

I'm fucking sick of this shit! I have a shit job that doesn't even pay the bills, I can't get a new job because everything else is outside of walking range, and I can't afford or get financing for a car because I'm so fucking far behind on my bills! I swear, if things don't start improving, and fast, someone is going to die. I don't know if it'll be me, or the next person to piss me off, but hopefully it's me.

And the worst part is, my few friends I had at work are now afraid of me. I can't even walk towards them without them showing visible signs of discomfort. This isn't me. I don't know who I am any more. Even when my best friend died, I was never this bad. I'm usually very calm. It takes a hell of a lot to piss me off, especially to this degree.

Goddess, help me. I have no idea who I am any more. I can't find the old me. Please, I beg of you, let me die in my sleep tonight...

2. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i wish i knew what to say.
    i am so sorry for your pain. But no job is worth this.

3. firehawk

firehawk Member

no, no it's not. I've started throwing together my resume already. I'm looking to find a desk job this time around too. I'm tired of pedestrian jobs.

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hey hun, I'm sorry you are being put through that by your boss, that's not fair at all. No-one should be treated unfairly as that. I also agree with the other poster that replied, it's not worth it. It never amazes me how little compassion and fairness there is in this world. If you ever need to talk hun, feel free to add me to MSN or Skype or PM me on here, I can identify with the Fibromyalgia as well, I have it too. Take care hun. :hug:

5. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Im really pleased for you that you are looking for a new job.
    Hope you find a great one!

6. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Hope you find a better job :hug:
    I think you boss is a wanker :hug:

7. firehawk

firehawk Member

Well, in a literal sense, all men are wankers, but we won't get into that, Katsu...

Thank you for the offer Carolyn. And thanks to Diluted and Katsu for the support. What you said may not have seemed like much, but it's just what I needed. I really appreciate it guys.

- Firehawk

8. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. firehawk

firehawk Member

Lol. I thought I said we were NOT going to get into that....

10. firehawk

firehawk Member

Geeze. It's been a while since I've been on here. I had to cancel my internet service for a while to make some of the other bills. Just got it back this week. I'm still in the same crappy job, same crappy managers, etc, etc. Thankfully, The Great Lady granted my wishes. Though it was in ways I wasn't expecting, considering I was hoping for death.

This time around I'm doing pretty well, except for the days it gets really tough. Just wanted to reconnect with the community now that I have internet access agian.

Hoping everyone is doing ok,
    Firehawk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.