Work sucks

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I'd rather steal or beg. Anyone agree?

2. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

100%
    My job is so demoralising.

3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I actually enjoy my job, even f it is mainly stacking shelves, go figure.

4. bigbadaboom

bigbadaboom Guest

your job is your slavery in a life of miserable dead routine and debt
    IF you have a shitty job you don't enjoy doing at all
    but at least the paycheck should make it even

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Ha. If the paycheck was even halfway equatable to the amount of work done, most people probably wouldn't actually mind their jobs.

Because most people have jobs they hate, working with and for people they despise and a pay rate that barely keeps their heads above water, working just makes most people even more miserable than they already are.

And then you have the "good jobs" that consume your whole life. You're not even considered worthy to have them unless you're willing to make the job more important than anything else in your life (including yourself). Simply applying for one of them is like trying to get into heaven or something. I just can't deal with that mentality. I only have to think about it and it makes me nauseous.

6. bigbadaboom

bigbadaboom Guest

well it's either that or nothing so I hope you get my point
    yes jobs can be enslaving , very so , the new society has no mercy , sad but true

7. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

No, not one bit. I hate my job as much as anyone but I'd rather earn my own way. Stealing makes you a scumbag. I've been the victim of thieves more than once in my life. It's a violation. You have no business even thinking of stealing. And begging? You want to go thru life doing that? Buck it up. There are millions of us who hate our jobs. It's something that has to be done. That's life.

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Exactly.

9. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

Well begging is out, but stealing from rich people is ok. When you're in a job it sucks because you have money but you have no free time. Being unemployed sucks because you have free time but you have no money. I want to go back to being a little kid, just run around and party all day with the world as my playground.

10. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I hear you.:rolleyes:

11. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

No, it's not ok. Contrary to popular belief, there are rich people who have worked their asses off from the bottom to get where they are, without "cheating" or abusing others. "Stealing from the rich is ok", pathetic mentality.

12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Yet, the rich steal from us, and that's supposed to be okay?

13. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

How, exactly?

And are you implying that all rich people do that?

14. pit

pit Well-Known Member

For one thing, the fat cat politicians pad their expense accounts and wars with our paychecks.

15. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Politicians didn't earn their cash though, infact you put them their.

16. pit

pit Well-Known Member

It's there, not their. And infact is in fact.

The government is made of rich slobs who have nothing better to do than control and tax our money. That's the reason banks exist. Why should we be penalized for withdrawing early on an IRA? I'd rather have our tax dollars go to health care and community housing than waste it on the military and corporations.

17. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Dodged my second question.

Not to mention that you only said rich people. Politicians are on a different group than rich people, despite being relatively rich themselves.

18. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

I think it would be great to live a romantic life of vagabondage like Mingliaotse (although he worked many years as a civil servant before pursuing the Tao). But the reality is our society is prefixed on the allocation of resources. If you don't like it, go and talk to a priest or a revolutionary.

19. HexenBexen

HexenBexen Well-Known Member

Nah, I wouldn't rather steal or beg, but I wouldn't be opposed to selling dope or something like that. My job's pretty easy but the atmosphere is the pinnacle of suckery.

20. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, I'd rather sell dope than steal. I can beg on my down time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.