Work worry

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by loopy, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loopy

loopy Well-Known Member

I feel so battered after the last few weeks. I rung in sick for Friday night shift. Thing is i am due back at work monday and tuesday night but dont know if can cope. Saw doctor and friday and asked for some diazepam to help me just for a week. M dilema is this

1, If i dont go to work I will be moping around the house all week which will possibly make me feel worse

2, if i ring in sick i have to tell them why and obviously i dont really want to be telling them how crap a person i am

3, if i go to work on diazepam for night shift i dont know if i will cope with it

All my instincts tell me to ring in sick. BUT Im too scared to. plus i will have to have a back to work lecture if im off. ive never been off due to my anxiety before, i feel i am letting myself down and is another chink in my armour.

Dont know what to do :(
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I know how that feels, but I found that if I get myself in, I can put my stuff aside and spend my time doing something...see if you can get there...bring a good snack or something that will help you feel better...J
  3. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I would get the diazepam and go to work. I just started a job, and even though I don't particularly care for it, it distracts me some from the pain I'm actually feeling. I have no choice but to fake being a happy person. Not sure if that's really a good thing though:/.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.