Working in my 2nd call center

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankensteen

- and the whole nightmare of nervousness & insecurity is rolling back full force, I am off sick now for quite a while, I have to show up tomorrow at work with some forms, I don't know how long I'm going to last there, my Dr. gave me a form that will get me some time on UI, but right now I don't have the energy to deal with all of that crapola right now, to be honest, I think I should turn myself in for a nice vacation at the short stay unit, I would love to get out of the call center industry as well, my previous career of being a security guard is looking better & better, even if I have to work on call all winter & spring & summer. Help! Oh yes I am new to the forums from Nova Scotia.

- I dont' know for sure but I am suspecting that I'd be better off working somewhere as a night watchman, as there is far less to deal with and it's not 'results oriented'. - best regards all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chargette

Welcome to the forum. I don't do well doing customer service. It fries my brain fast, and drains all of my strength. I have trouble with forms too but I tell myself, "just do it."

Please post here all that you need to, it will help you a lot.

:hug:

frankensteen

Thanks, I thought it was the actual company I was working for that was driving me crazy, but I am having the same actual problems with this center as I did with the previous place - something tells me I should bug out while the gettin's good so to speak, I have a mind to just quit & take my lumps & go back to the night watchman trade, now that I have worked nearly 8 years in call centers, I know that they are not for me, and yessir, I know what you mean 'frying my brain'. Thanks for the chance to talk it over, I suspect you are the same age group as me perhaps I'm 45 btw, it took me quite a while to get used to the internets, I don't do ipods or mp3 players lol, but I can upload media from my phone to my pc which counts for some thing - I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chargette

I'm 52 and a grandma. Technology left me in the dust a long time ago. I let my kids show off what they can do by setting things up for me. :)

frankensteen

Hello Chargette, I am currently unemployed, I might just have to get a job at Walmart or something like that, but I have to get well first. . . :nerves:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Theres nothing wrong with being in security work,..My dad did it for years after he got out of the service..I've even thought about it but you have to be able to leave your house in order to work..I got a job at K-Mart stocking shelves 3rd shift..That way I didn't have to deal with people.. You know they fired me for missing one night..First time I was fired in my life..lol..It sounds as if you need a job where you don't have to deal with people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00