Working Towards A New Me

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Ralderable, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Ralderable

Ralderable Active Member

Hello everyone!

I have gotten to a point where I feel like I might have found the strenght within to work towards actual change. Honest and genuine change, and I feel like an important part of this change includes regaining the health and shape I had before my world got turned upside down. The problem however is that I do not necessarily know how I should proceed. So I hope some of you might hold some valuable advice and or guidelines. I am not overweight in anyway, but I have lost most of my muscles and have hardly any condition.

First of all... When it comes to exercising at home... What would be a good thing to do? After approximately two years of doing nothing. I have a skipping rope I could use to work on my cardio for example, but how long and how many times a day should I use it? What are other exercises I could do from within the walls of my home? I also have a backyard I could use, though the space is limited all the same.

Then there is the whole food and drink aspect. What should I absolutely avoid if I want to get fit and in shape again? What is a must? I have always been a water drinker, so I drink about 2l of water a day, is this good? Or is that too much perhaps? I however don't eat too well lately, due to laziness mostly. I am guessing fruit is very important? What to eat during the day? I know this is perhaps asking a lot of questions at once but I really have little idea of how to do all this. Thank you in advance though!

Ralderable