World's Costliest Commercial (Holy S**t!)

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by FoundAndLost1, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Seen it quite a few times. They have a cut down version at the cinema sometimes too.:smile:

2. Someone

Someone Active Member

Yep Ive seen that before too, really cool and different. But is it me or is some of it fake? Some bits seem to defy physics. :tongue:
    My favourite bit is 1:22, makes me laugh every time. :biggrin:

3. This is the world's most costly Advertisement and the winner of this year's best Ad of the world.

It took 606 takes and re-takes to make this commercial and the total cost was $ 6.2 million for this 90 second commercial. You could probably make a movie for that kind of money!

Everything is real with no graphics used and still look at the precision. The team that made this commercial won many awards.

4. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

Am a bit puzzled how the tires roll up hill??

5. Well, they will for a bit (obviously not far) when given the right amount of momentum/force (like pendulum balls hit each other and cause perpetual motion)

6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

One of the YouTube comments claimed there were weights in the tires at the "2 o'clock" position. Which meant when the tires got nudged they'd move uphill, at least for a bit. Maybe. Dunno, but that bit still seems iffy.

7. Explains why they had to do 606 takes!! :blink:

8. psycho8

psycho8 Well-Known Member

yeah:rolleyes:

9. ...'be like a dog with a bone, working out each step!!! Yeesh!

10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Awesome. Just, awesome. I've seen it quite a few times but it's one of them ads I never tire of.

11. TIRE of??? LOL! :biggrin:
    (yeah, pretty rare, huh?)

12. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:laugh: Oh I do have a sense of humour, shame it's so hidden and only comes out in puns I don't notice. :)

13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Good :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.