Worried about a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just talking to my girlfriend for an hour on the phone. We had a good time, laughing and talking about the future and where we want to go with our lives. We hung up on a good night, and then texted each other goodnight. 15 minutes later I get this text:

"Goodbye gray. Im sory but i have to do this. Thabkyou fr evrything. I lovw you"

I texted her back twice and called until she picked up. She was groggy, and was wondering why I had called her because she was asleep. It turns out she sent that text in her sleep. I just got off of the phone with her after talking and calming her down for the last 15 minutes. She said that her window was open and the blinds halfway drawn, but the screen was still on. She has no thoughts of suicide any other time.

Does anyone know anything about sleep texting? Or if this is a serious concern? She hit her head flat on the concrete yesterday and got a conscious, which we're thinking is more serious than she thought and she should see a doctor.

What should we do? She's going to try to go back to sleep and we're hoping it doesn't happen again.

Tam

Definitely go see a doctor about hitting her head on concrete. ANY kind of head injury is serious and ought to be checked out, even if there doesn't seem to be any after effects.

As for the text, if she wrote it in her sleep does she actually remember what she meant? It may refer to something completely different, that she's not even aware of.

Let us know how she is anyway ok?

Ok, so update.

She's feeling better today, but she's still iffy about seeing a doctor. She was really drunk when she hit her head, and since we're underage she would get in alot of trouble if they asked how and why she hit her head.

I learned that was dreaming later that night that people we're trying to kill her, and she and I were running away from them. She woke up and a bottle of ibprofen was open next to her bed, it wasn't there before. She tried to kill herself last year by OD'ing on ibprofen.

She wants to wait it out another day and see if she feels better. I think she should get help, but ultimately its her decision. What do you guys think?

nolonger

Possibly get help, it could be some sought of sub-concious cry for help :sad:. I'm not one to have nightmares but my little brother used to have 'night terrors' a while ago, he woke up screaming :ohmy:.

confusedgirl

I really think that you should take her to be seen, I wouldnt worry you are both underage they won't not treat you because of it your only gonna get a slapped wrist at the end of the day! Hope shes ok x

Tam

Regardless of the apparent suicidal aspects, she really ought to see a doctor about the bang on the head at least. I'm not sure, but you may not have to say why she fell, ie that she'd been drinking, though it would be better to be totally honest about it. Head injuries really can be sneaky - even if she is feeling better it's worth having it checked out just in case.

Jacob1973

Just say that she slipped and fell to cover the reason why, but she needs to see a doctor AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Being unconscience for any reason is a major, lifethreatening condition that needs to be checked out by a doctor. She could still die, days, if not weeks latter if there is any sort of blood pooling in the brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00