Worried about being found.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by riz, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riz

riz Senior Member

I have been cutting the back of my leg recently because it was really easy to hide, but yesterday I cut up the entire back of my calf. They are shallow and painful, and really hard to cover with band aids like I usually do. I tried to wrap them with make shift bandages using toilet paper, but it just ended up getting stuck in the cuts and now it really hurts to take off.

I don't have the money to get to the store and buy some better bandages and I am out of peroxide and band aids. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm worried that if I don't get them covered up and healed quickly, someone will notice, and I really don't need that kind of drama right now.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. :D
  2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Have you tried soaking it in warm soapy water?
  3. riz

riz Senior Member

Yeah. I washed my leg with soap and water, but I'm really worried that if they're not covered soon, someone will see them. I live in a dorm with a lot of people my age and I really don't want anyone finding them and freaking out. They could have the chance of trying to pull an intervention on me. If I haven't been cutting for so long, I might just let them do it, but right now is not the time. I just need some ideas on what I can do to cover them.
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Maybe being found will be a good thing riz so that you can get some help. It sounds like you really cut yourself up pretty badly.
  5. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Can you just wear pants around until they heal? That's what I have to do when I cut my legs.
  6. riz

riz Senior Member

I'll probably stick to wearing pants until they look better, but my problem is my trip from my room to the shower. I wear a robe and my legs are completely visible so I'm getting really panicky and paranoid. I sometimes think that getting found may help me in the long run, but at the same time, I'd rather be found by someone that understands my problems--not just some girl on my floor that thinks I'm crazy or something.

I'm ready to stop cutting, I'm just not sure if I can.

Thanks for your messages. Any other make-shift suggestions?
  7. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

best thing to hide cuts is make-up. it doesn't completely hide them but does a good enough job that should get you from point A to B without being completely on show.....

other option is pj's ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.