Practical Advice Worried about breaking

Affirm

Public Access
With the pandemic already being here, I (14m) cannot do anything asides from studies and hobbies. No outside life. However, with that, summer break is looming over the corner, but right now schooling is one of the only things making me get through the day, and positive. It distracts me, so to speak. With it being all done, I can only entertain myself with hobbies, which there aren't many of. No duties, no obligations. I worry about myself breaking, about myself spiraling. I have several coping mechanism's in place, - parents, therapist... - but the fear stems from the utter boredom that will overtake me, along with much more time to think, and that accentuates everything. The presence of one friend, online, doesn't really help much. I'm planning on trying to find more groups online, gaming or unrelated, to perhaps serve as a distraction and happiness booster, but what else is there that I can do?

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think it's good you're trying to plan ahead. Finding more groups to belong to is a great idea. If you game maybe you can find a regular group to play with at a regular time. Something to look forward to each week.

Maybe you can take online lessons in something for fun. Take up the guitar, or do one of the free courses on whatever random subject interests you.

And be sure to find a way to exercise. Physical activity can definitely help mood. And it helps to tire you out so you don't stay up hours too late.

Affirm

Public Access
I think it's good you're trying to plan ahead. Finding more groups to belong to is a great idea. If you game maybe you can find a regular group to play with at a regular time. Something to look forward to each week.

Maybe you can take online lessons in something for fun. Take up the guitar, or do one of the free courses on whatever random subject interests you.

And be sure to find a way to exercise. Physical activity can definitely help mood. And it helps to tire you out so you don't stay up hours too late.
Can definitely attest to the last paragraph, as that realization has helped me so much aha. I can definitely look into the other recommendations, thanks for the help.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00