Worried

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pisces1, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisces1

pisces1 Well-Known Member

Having second thoughts about my appointment tomorrow, to see if I can get into the day treatment program. I know I need more help then I am getting. But there is a part of me that dose not think being partially hospitalized for two weeks will do me any good.

I think what is bothering me the most, is that I am going to have to open up to another stranger. This alone makes me not want to go.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

oh boy do i understand that fear hun i do but if you have got the chance to get that extra support go for it ok. Take what you can from program and if it is not for you after you get there then you talk to you pdoc ok but try because if you don't you do not want to regret not going ok. hugs to you

3. pisces1

Thank you for the encouragement Total eclipse. Big hugs to you too. Hope you are feeling better tonight.

4. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

maybe pretend they are an old friend or someone you know, for opening up purposes.
    i am happy you are getting this opportunity
    will be thinking of you and i hope sincerely this program makes you better

5. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

This sux.

6. Standing Stronger

Standing Stronger New Member

Sometimes it is the thing that scares us the most that we must do. If you are nervous about going, that is even more reason to go.

I was so nervous the first time I sought help, I almost did not go to the first appointment, boy am I glad I did. I am now much better and It is because I started down the path of help.

My wife told me, I can not help you. I thought talking to her was enough. It was not. I had to go talk to a stranger to get better.

You can do it. I believe in you, and know you can Stand Stronger.

7. pisces1

I backed out of my appointment. :(

The thought of having to be around others and having to talk was to much. The thing is, i have come to realize just how much anxiety is controlling my life. I am so afraid of making mistakes, saying or doing the wrong thing.

I decided to take a break this week from my issues. I think that is what i needed. I do plan on calling Monday to reschedule my appointment, because i want so very much to get better.

Not feeling very good tonight though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.