worried

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by forlorn, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

Hey, would like to share with you a lot of things I'm worried about but there is someone close to me that I'm really worried about. My mother has a heart problem and has been told she needs a heart bypass operation soon. I've known about this for a long while now and It really scares me. I do all I can for her as my Dad doesn't help with shopping etc and Is down a lot since he stopped working. I'm terrified I'll lose her. I know one day I will but don't want to think about it. Heart bypass operations are common place and success rate is high. I don't gain any confidence by my last statement. If anyone knows someone who has had this op and is fitting fit please reply to my thread.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

In my stepdad's family, there is someone that I consider to be like a grandfather to me. He's either close to or right over the age of 80, and he had a triple bypass two years ago. He had to take it easy for a while ... I don't remember for sure but I think it was a few weeks. But once he got his strength back, he said he feels sooo much better than before he had the surgery. He's active ... able to go out dancing (which is his favorite activity). He's still doing really well and comes to all our family get-togethers.

3. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

im sorry about your mum :hug: my uncle, who is really close with my family, had triple bypass surgery i believe about 6 or 7 years ago. it went well, he had a good recovery, and is great to this day :) there is plenty of hope for success for your mom. keep us posted on how she is, and how youre doing *more hugs*

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, I'm sorry to hear your mother needs surgery. Of course you feel worried and scared - that's pretty normal. :hug:

I know a lot seniors who have had by-pass operations and they are doing really well now. I also know someone who is middle-aged who had heart surgery and was feeling better than they had for ages (didn't even know they had heart trouble until it caused a major problem) and they were back to work within a month or so of the surgery.

I hope you begin to feel as positive as you can that everything will be fine with your mom.

5. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

hello, my next door neighbour had by-pass surgery about 3 months ago now, she had to be off her feet for about 2 weeks, but shes was soon back to her old self very shortly after the surgery! she was back to work after 6-8 weeks, which was the recommended time for her, medicine is always improving, so your mom should do fine :smile: hope all goes well for her, keep us updated. :hug:

6. Secre

Secre Member

Hi, I don't know if this will help but my father had a triple heart bypass several years ago. He was tired and recovering for less than a month and then wanting to go back to work against the advice of the doctor. He had no complications and had been fighting fit ever since. Several of his friends have also had bypasses (one of them 2 months ago) and all of them are well and feeling so much better because of the bypass.

It's natural to worry; I did when dad went in. But try not to worry too much, the doctors know what they are doing so try to trust them.

Best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.