Worried

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Butterfly, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I don't necessarily feel suicidal. Not today anyway. I have had a lovely weekend with my fiance. We have been out to eat nearly every day all weekend. I treated him to a carvery at his favourite restaurant for his birthday and got him and me matching tattoos for his birthday. It felt so so so nice this weekend. To just feel chilled out and relax with no worries. It felt so good to be Alex again, even if it was even for a few days.

A few days before he came to see me I took a few too many tablets and had some pains in my stomach. I didn't go to the hospital or anything but it doesn't hurt anymore. I am feeling worried for myself. I feel like I could do it again at any moment. I am also worried because I can feel myself getting worse but I can't get in to see my doctor and I have now run out of my citalopram. I don't know what I can do. Do I go to an open access centre or do I try and go to A&E and ask a doctor for a script? I don't want to waste A&E's time but I have absolutely no time at all till next week to see my GP and I really need my tablets. I am worried because I feel like this week is going to be too much. I am going to be working 78 hours without a day off. All combined with 12 and 14 hour shifts. Really think I am going to struggle this week and don't know what to do :(

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

You won't be wasting A&E's time - put it this way, if you don't get the tablets, then you'll be more likely to see them again.

Have you thought about getting a repeat prescription?

3. Butterfly

Yeah, but I need to see my GP as I want my meds increased and/or trying something else. I just really need to talk to her because there are certain things I need to talk to her about. She won't give me another script until I see her anyway. But even with a repeat prescription I can't get to my surgery to pick it up or get to a chemist. I feel like I am going crazy and becoming pathetic. I can't take my mood swings any more. It's getting too much.

4. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Could you ask a family member/friend to give you a lift to the doc? What about your fiance? If yes then try and get an emergency appointment.

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

it's really simple, if you are feeling worse (which you are) you have to make time to go and see your doctor. your health is important above all other things. try and make an appointment first thing in the AM so you have to take less time off work. but it's really non - negotiable. you have to go.

6. Butterfly

Its not that I cant get there. I work 12 hour shifts for placement which is 14 miles from my docs and I dont drive. I also work 14 hour shifts at work which is in a rural area and I dont drive. I cant miss placement or work.

7. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Tell your work you have an urgent doctor's appt - as dazzle says, you must go if you're feeling on a downward spiral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.