Worst Christmas

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dringer, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

This was a horrible Christmas. I hate my father. All he does is get drunk and turn into a total asshole. I wish my parents would just get a divorce already. Or he could at least sober up for one day of the damn year. I thought fathers were suppose to set an example for their children? I don't really know why I'm posting this honestly.. just need to vent I guess.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sorry your father has an alcohol problem Dringer. They don't realize just how much it effects the rest of the family. One thing for you to do is make sure the cycle does not continue. Someday you will give your children what you never had. Are you receiving any help in learning how to cope with the situation? Alcoholism is a disease that effects everyone so intervention is essential for all. I hope the following years bring change and your father can stop this behavior before he loses everything.

3. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Unfortunately, we've tried to help him, but it seems like he just doesn't want to give it up. He just keeps getting worse. I don't think I will be having children, I want too... but at this rate I just don't see it happening.

4. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

Hate it when things like these happen. You got to know that your dad is probably going through a rough time.. mentally, it's the cycle.. when he's stressed out he drinks, and when he drinks he gets aggressive, then made you guys angry, in return he's stressed out and needs more drinks.

Lucky I'm not addicted to alcohol..nor do I love drinking. Right now you need a mentor in your life and obviously that can't be your dad.. try talking to your school counsellors or teachers, and ask how you can receive help in this area ok?

There are many people who are willing to help.. you just need a better environment. Just remember not to follow your dad's footsteps you'll be alright.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My solution to bad Christmases: moved away and got good and drunk the night before. I feel fine, even though there's no redeeming quality about my life anymore.

6. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Thanks for the advice, I feel better after talking it out. I don't plan to follow in his footsteps, I haven't ever had any alcohol and I don't plan to because I don't want to become him.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Dringer,
    My brother is that way. When he isn't working he has a can of budweiser in his hand until he either passes out or gets up and goes to bed. He is always telling me watch this and he will make a snide remark to his wife just to piss her off. I don't find it amusing.
    I go up and help him on the weekends doing stuff around his farm. He comes in the house once it gets dark and I will eat dinner and then go to bed because I can't sit there listening to them argue. My anxiety goes thru the roof.
    There isn't much you can do to change them, They have to want to change for it to work. I haven't been up there at all this month because I am already at rock bottom and don't need to hear his shit. I hope you find a way to cope until you can move out on your own. The only thing I have found that works is avoidance!!Good Luck!!~Joseph~

8. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Yah, I just avoid him the best I can. I don't even really talk him anymore. Once I graduate HS, me and my older brother are gonna move out together.

9. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

Congratulations, one thing..stay clear of drugs. It's as dangerous as an alcoholic if addicted, if not even worst.

I've tried drugs but haven't been addicted to any of them. But, they can make you think too much, question too much.. and probably know a lot of shit stuff.. it's a dangerous path.. so best to not touch it. I've quit drugs.

10. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

I'm too much of a control freak to try any of it really. I can't stand not having control of my actions.

11. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

my father have been an alchoholic for wholle my life,i guess i wouldnt be here if i had normal father...well he didnt beat me or something he just didn't care about anything...

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry you had an awful christmas :(

I'm here if you need to talk :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.