Worst luck

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Emberfire, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emberfire

Emberfire Member

I'm one of these people who never seem to get a break, but recently it's been particularly bad.
    I went to see my step dad a couple months ago, his girlfriend was out visiting family so it was just me and him. He anounced he had feelings for me ect, even flashed me.. I'm old enough to be able to deal with that kind of thing.. but unfortunatly when I was younger I was abused by my next door neighbour, then again a couple years later by my older brothers best friend. So my step dad kind of threw me for a loop, either way I went home to find one of my friends staying at my place, We got a takeout and started watching a movie... As soon as the light was off he forced himself on me... I guess it's normal.. But my heads all messed up I can't even hug my boyfriend.. I'm still convinced I Made these things happen... just thought talking about it might have helped me.. who knows.
  2. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

im not sure how much i kno to help u but, i kno from two friends who have been abused in the past that their cases were quite like yours. one of them was abused by her grandfather when she was little, and when she was a teen, raped by her boyfriend the first time they were alone in a room. about the other person i can't recall exact circumstances but there were also several people involved in her abuse. so yea it seems like people who have been abused once, will likely come across those situations again. some people think it's 'bad vibes' that abusers pick up. well, i would say it's best if u kept as safe as possible, don't be completely alone with people, even in your own house [for example the first person i mentioned had an incident in her own bedroom], when going on dates, use public places etc. i don't think it's your fault in any way, that's just the idea that the abusers push on their victims to guilt trip them, as far as i kno. and i kno it must be rly difficult for u to trust people, and i'd say there's no real need for u to 'force' yourself to trust people right away either, i think that takes time. i rly hope it's gonna get better for u, cuz even tho i myself havent experienced such abuse, i've seen some friends of mine have a seriously tough time with it, so i kno it can have a very large negative effect on your life.

hang in there, here's a lot of people willing to listen and help u as mush as we can^^
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is not normal or acceptable - that being said the way you feel about it is completely normal. I have no particularly valuable insight accept to tall you that no , it is not your fault and I hope some day you are able to accept that for yourself (((Hugs)))
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.