Worst Things About Valentine Day.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Worst Things About Valentine Day. Don't be shy... you know you want to bash it! :tongue:

- Chocolate price rise!
    - Flower price rise!
    - All the mooching oh god, i can hear them!!! :yuck:
    - Stupid romantic movies playing on tv!

*listening to Akon "lonely" :blub:
  2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Not having a 'valentine'.
  3. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Being alone and seeing couples being all kissy kissy around you.. Pass me a sick bucket!!!!
  4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I feel so lonely, cos I know that I'm missing something.
  5. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

Ditto. Add to that Birthdays, Christmas and anything else...
  6. I cannot eat chocolate as much I want. That is worst!

BTW if you want to add your "I love you thread" one more to the coffee house it is minä rakastan sinua in Finnish.

But never ever say that really, just blush and say ööö...ööö... or be mad and yell kyllä sinä tiedät (oh fuck you know!) or ... No.. perkele! (...well.. devil!)... is good as well...

And girl believe you are Finnish and goes to find spanish liar for herself.
  7. PerfectlyMurdered

PerfectlyMurdered Well-Known Member

It's a horrible holiday for us singles... makes us feel very very lonely.

Makes me sick to see all of the couples too... Oh well, gonna have to tough it out alone with my date with ben&jerrys icecream :p
  8. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

• Not having someone to share it with.
    • Recieving Anonymous Valentine's Day cards and worrying who they're from.
    • Being made a joke out of when the 'popular' people pretend they like you for a laugh.
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Definitely NOT a fun holiday when you're single!!!
  10. D's

D's Member

once again i have yet to hold a relationship long enough to make it to Valentines Day, at least in the past I know that I will get a girlfriend sometime towards the end of the month or the beginning of February.
  11. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

This year I'm actually with someone for Valentine's Day, but neither of us celebrate is anyway :tongue:
    Before, though, I always used to get dumped a day or two before then asked out again right after it XD
  12. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

Valentine is nearing, and I alreayd am preparing some mail. Yet, I doubt it'll be appreciated, even though i'm putting my effort in it. It's just how it's meant to be I guess? x_____x''

So yeah, what I fear, is that nothing is going to happen on that very day. As it's now, I continiouslly am pulled in this world of hurt.

I'll send the mail anyway, however. Just because, I'm not getting anything in return or my questions answered, doesn't mean I should give up on my feelings for her. That'd be stupid if I did. Sitting around doing nothing, isn't getting you anywhere afterall.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I'm not a dreamer.

I look at my parents, I look at my friends, I see nothing other than fucked up relationships. Relationships are meant to be so special and romantic? They're nothing but arguing, fighting, cheating, lying.

The worst thing about Valentine's day is it tells you how life should be. But that's not how life is. It's a joke, a sick joke, and yet people care so much? That's just ignorant.
  14. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Nothing. I don't notice it. When is it?
  15. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

The fake love.
  16. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

honestly, it doesnt bother me one way or the other.

its just a commercial, capitalist holiday, thats all.

if you are single (like me) - so what, just another day!
    if you are in a relationship - any day should be good enough to express your love right?

let Hallmark enjoy it!
  17. CloudCatching

CloudCatching Well-Known Member

Raise of chocolate price, but after V-Day they have the 'Everything must go sale'. Mmm.

Half price chocolate.
  18. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

Well, this year I'm actually with someone for the first time in FOREVER, but what I hate are, as said, the inflated prices (lucky my lady isn't a chocolate and roses kind of girl, she'd rather a book she wants, a homecooked meal, that sort) the fact that THIS ONE DAY is the one day out of the WHOLE YEAR that youre supposed to show your partner you care. Aren't you supposed to do that every day? Yes, but on V-Day, you have to do it the quintessentially Amerikkan way, by buying them shit! I'm taking my girl out for dinner Friday night, we'll be able to afford a MUCH nicer place with smaller crowds than we would if we went out ON Valentine's Day, and on the 14th, I'll be homecooking for her.
    And for you single folks (which is usually me as well) remember that Valentines Day abbreviated is V.D. so maybe you're not missing out on so much.
  19. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I think the worst thing about valentines day is that we feel like we should have a girlfriend/boyfriend when the rest of the year it doesn't really matter and we generally care less.
  20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I agree. How the heck is Cupid suppose to buy his arrows with only 1 day salary per year. No wonder he's half naked!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.