worst things you can say...

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by cookiemonster, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

what are the worst things you've been told about your depression, if any?
    for example, you aren't being serious, you're just sad.
  2. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

I stopped going to class and when a professor asked me why I told him I was planning to kill myself and he thought I was lying to get out of failing.
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

"Cheer Up, everything will be ok"
  4. Maxie

Maxie Active Member

"You just need to pull yourself out of it."
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Mine is like Maxie..."Just pull yourself together"
  6. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

dont you think your being dramatic
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

It's not that bad. or,

You just need to get a good nights rest.
  8. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

When you want you can.

You're lazy.
  9. DS

DS Account Closed

i tend to avoid this situation...just avoid talking about how i feel. in fact i often run...kind of internal panic when i hear; how are you? :) what is helpful? to be heard...to not hear anything other than that the other person actually understands or acknowledges...hears what u are saying. to for a moment not be alone in it.

time to run again.
  10. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

"Don't you know that I, too live with depression every day but don't let it stop ME" ?

(spoken by a person who can actually sleep,is brimming with confidence and physical energy,speaks constantly about hopeful aspirations and continuously displays tremendous enthusiasm,interests and motivation)
  11. neverwanted

neverwanted Well-Known Member

Don't be stupid, You're too young to be depressed. Grow up!
  12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"At least you still have your health."

If this is health, I don't even want to know what sickness is (though, uh, I apparently still had some health at the time, since my body's broken more since.)
  13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Some guy said "I don't believe this depression shit exists." :nonchalance: Uhh well it does and it's very real for me and a lot of people. Just because someone doesn't believe in it, doesn't mean it doesn't affect lots of people.
  14. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

My father on depression when visiting me after my first suicide attempt at 19--"I don't want to hear or know anything about that nonsense!" He got his wish. I haven't talked to him about my mental health problems in oh, 30 years now. My family doesn't even know I've attempted twice more and been in hospital 7 times. I never let them know.

A teacher on depression, "You should volunteer. You need to focus on helping others more and think less about yourself ." (The implication being that I was just self-centred and self absorbed and only cared about myself.)

"Why don't you just get a job at McDonald's?" , said by a pdoc I saw only once about my inability to concentrate on my uni courses.
    And also by the same pdoc, "I'm too old to deal with this."
    Said by the next pdoc I saw, "I'm too young to deal with this."
  15. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I love it when a friend asks you whats wrong and you start to tell them then all of a sudden they say something like "Oh you should get help" what the fuck do you think I'm talking to you for?

Maybe I'm out of line but if they ask to help then drop you just like that.... it really doesn't make things better. To be honest I find this happens a lot of places.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.