Worst time of the year?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by scarlettdrknss, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

Is there a time of year where your depression always gets worse? Like repeatedly every year? Studies usually say that winter is the worst time for people...

But mine always gets harder to deal with during spring. I'm more aware of it and have to fight it more and more and I break down easier... The situations cools out during the rest of the year but every spring I find myself doubting everything once again. The rest of the year I'm empty of thoughts and forget everything.

Was just wondering how it is by you guys...

2. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Spring and Summer because everything about it is a mockery to me. I hate the sunny weather.

3. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I've been hospitalized in september 2 years in a row, so I guess I'm the worst during autumn. It's not my depression that gets worse though, since I don't have depression, but my suicidality and auditory hallucinations.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think it is winter so dark and cold

5. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

December, seeing some many happy faces really affects my mood. It doesn't help that I have too see every girlfriend my numerous cousin have, last year was worse since my 15 year old cousin now has a boyfriend and my 16 year old cousin has a girlfriend, while me at 24 years old has never gotten one.

6. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

It really depends. This year, February and March are not cool on me.

7. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

fall and spring. The transition from hot to cold or cold to hot bothers me.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

This time of year actually, since it's time for my birthday and I don't like to be reminded of another year of failure. Winter depresses me too because it's so dark and cold.

9. scarlettdrknss

thx for answering everyone! =D

it's funny how simple things like a difference in season can affect us, even though it's all just in our head.

10. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I get strung out every year around the time of my brothers suicide.

11. scarlettdrknss

oh... that's awful... i'm so sorry

12. melosine

melosine Active Member

I always have a tough time during the winter season, especially when outside gets very dark early. The moods of people and my environment really affect me tremendously.

13. scarlettdrknss

thx for the reply =]

me, i like the dark. i feel like i can be myself. when it's too bright i want to hide because i need to hide who i really am, but the dark is a part of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.