Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by whoami13, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoami13

whoami13 Member

Is my life worth more than the insects we trample on under our feet?
    Am I just another empty vessel taking up space?
    There are over seven billion people on the planet, what makes me so special?

I could mull over the reasons I feel this way, but it wouldn't change anything.
    Sometimes it seems death itself has a more loving embrace than the world.
    Empty thoughts from an empty mind, void of feeling, at times.
    We run from sadness. Pray for love. and strive for apathy.

It's been a very long day, my thoughts are racing, and all of them leading to one solution.

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it...." Thoreau
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you are able to express your thought here hun racing mind sometimes is a dangerous one. Ihope you are able to do something to calm it down a b it. Yes there are billions of people on this earth hun but only ONE YOU AND YES YOU ARE SPECIAL you and others can bring to the world something another person perhaps could not hugs
  3. Endlessagony

Endlessagony Well-Known Member

"Empty thoughts from an empty mind"
    This sentence kind of jumped up from your text, I hope you can see the irony in it (though it's very likely you will not given the state of mind you're in). Judging from your post you are far from an empty vessel taking up space, you have a great talent with words. I'm not going to comment on how you feel, I couldn't know or understand anyway.

Ask yourself this question: what makes all the other people who are happy whorthy? Perhaps nothing? They just don't happen to suffer from suicidal thoughts. Feeling ill insinde doesn't make you less worhty, being apathetic doesn't make you a lesser person. Your thoughts ultimately make you what you are, and reading from that short post you are obviously an intelligent person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.