Worthless, useless, etc..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Xenos, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Honestly, it took me well over 4 years to realize how stupid I am... Tried talking to my friend.. and when she picked up the phone, I knew by her voice she was not in the mood to talk to me. I tried to carry on a conversation, but it really broke right there. She didn't sound happy at all.

Same with nearly everyone else I've talked to. I try. As those social workers and psychologists tell me, I have to make that "leap of faith" and see if I can make any friends, but when I do, they have no interest in offering back a friendship, and be on their way. I feel so hopeless... and I didn't realize that that I'm a failure and I fail on making friends over and over for 4 freakin years.

Socializing is so hard when you never really got to have some friends growing up... I wish somebody would come along and stab me in the heart. It hurts so much :cry:

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I know just how you feel I really do as I am older and have had trouble all my life making friends and then even keeping them. It is so hard and like you I felt foolish/stupid for trying.

I would love to talk to you in PM if you want and I could use more friends in my life for certain.

Well instead of a stab in the heart here is something else..
    :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles: :hugtackles:

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Sorry you're having a tough time making friends. Do you have any online friends? I know it's not the same thing, but it really can help. Here if you ever want to talk.

4. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

I do have at least one online friend here on SF, Mystic Eyes, but it's not like we can chat on a day to day basis. It's a little tricky making friends here 'cause everyone is about 20+, whereas I'm only 17, in high school.. I don't ever understand the hard times adults go through 'cause I don't have a job, not exactly had children... etc.

5. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I think when you get that frosty reception from a friend, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt at first. If it continues over a period of time, then try and give them some space (this can be particularly difficult for those of us with mental health problems since we're generally isolated and fear abandonment, so we become insecure and unwittingly put pressure on the other person, thereby driving them further away). Wait for them to contact you.

You're not a failure. You just havn't met enough people who are intelligent enough to appreciate you, but you will!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.