Worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jonsey, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Feeling worthless and suicidal. Nothing I do is good enough or right. I work hard to keep house and help my parents and I get called the uncaring daughter. Maybe I should end it and then I would feel nothing and be at peace. I guess only time will tell.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is not the answer to this even though it may feel like the right solution now, feelings change. Why are they saying you are not good enough? That seems mean of them for want of a better word but you are doing your best and working hard as you said so really that's all that matters. Talking to them might help and personally I think the most likely reason for them feeling the way they do is they don't understand your illness, hugs.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It sounds they are they uncaring parents hun they are the ones that should be helping you not the other way around You stay here and talk to us ok we will listen and we will care about you hugs

4. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I don't know. They don't want to understand. When I thought about going into the crisis unit, they were all for itbut now, they could care lessless. If I take acaction, I'll be one less burden for them and here as well.

5. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Saying goodbye to some friends that I have met over tge past few months. You all have been a blessing to me and have helped in many ways. Goodbye.

6. Petal

Heather - DO NOT do anything drastic, what's going on tonight???

7. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Petal,

My world is crashing down around me and I don't know what to do. I have tried to talk to my family but they refuse to listen to me. Between the lack of sleep and meds not working for me, I don't know what else to do except leave. I try to do things the way they are explained and even though I follow their directions, it's never good enough. So, if I leave, I will have rest and they will not be bbothered with me.

8. Petal

Hi hun, why are your family refusing to listen? I know a lot of older folk don't believe in mental illness, they think it's an excuse for laziness....it drives me nuts! But yeah I think you need to tell your doctor the meds simply are not cutting it and hopefully they can suggest something new! Are you on sleeping pills? Lack of sleep on it's own is enough to make you feel awful. You know I am always here for you :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

No shame into going to the hospital to get the help.

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are not worthless and important. People will mentally abuse you and that's not right. Mental anguish is tough but DESERVE TO LIVE. Please do not act on your feelings.

11. Petal

This is 100% true. There is no shame in admitting you need a little help. Keeping it all on yourself will drag you down further.
    As someone once said to me '' it was a novelty the first time you went to the psych ward now they think it's attention seeking''. I agree with your first post here that they simply do not understand but that does not mean you should not get help, my favourite line of all is, '' would you apologise for having a heart attack? NO. So why apologise for being mentally ill?'' That is a very true statement.
    Stick to your guns and what you believe you should do and seek the help you need, and we're always here for you too! Hugs! :hug:

12. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

My dad has depression and it's like it's okay for him to hav it but not me. Going to see my therapist on Friday and see what she thinks. I take visreril twice a day and it makes me sleepy during the day and awake at night. Trying to hang in there until then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.