Worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hopelessanxiety1, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have nothing to live for. Not worth anything to anyone. The life of my life is leaving me for no reason. He's barely looked at me or talked to me for almost a week now. I lost half my family in January through no fault of my own. I have nothing. There is no hope for me. I will always be worthless in everyone's eyes. Not one will ever "really" love me. So why even try? <mod edit: method> Why live a life with no meaning? It's not worth it!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  2. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your family and about what you're going through with your significant other. I can't imagine what that's like, but I have a general understanding of how you're feeling. I feel the same way. However, I have to ask, do you really feel like you have nothing? What about your family members who are alive? Do you have any attachment to them? I'm not judging you, and I want to make that clear because it's very easy to perceive that people are judging you when you're just looking at text and not talking in person.

Also, have you approached your SO regarding why he's been so distant lately? If you haven't, then although it is a possibility that he's breaking up with you, let's not assume that he is because it's making things worse. Honestly, his distancing himself from you maybe doesn't have anything to do with you. I've distanced myself from my family and friends merely because I've wanted to be alone.

In any case, as long as you're alive, there is hope, no matter how slim it may seem. I don't know you, but I don't need to know you to understand that you're not worthless. Has anyone actually said that you're worthless? If they did, then they don't know what they're talking about because no human being, or any being is worthless. Also, what makes you so certain that no one has loved you or will love you? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I wouldn't if I didn't feel that asking them is necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.