Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Huw, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

If a man feels cold then he is cold.
    If a man is hot then that man is hot and would anyone argue with him?

If a man feels guilty, then he is guilty.
    If he feels innocent then he is innocent, because we are judged by our conscience.

If a man feels obedient then the man probably is obedient.
    If a man is disobedient then according to conscience he is disobedient.

If a man feels worthless….NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

If someone feels worthless isn’t there a slight possibility that they are in fact worthless? When I felt worthless there was nothing that anyone could say to prove me wrong. I wore my worthlessness for long enough to know that once you’re in that slough of despond, there is nothing that can bring you out except a miracle.

I honestly believe that trying and argue a person out of the feeling of worthlessness with such comments as,’’ you’re not worthless you are wonderful’’….etc makes me want to vomit just typing it….is a lie and a blatant lie at that for the worthless person. If I remember correctly it actually makes matters worse, because the person who feels worthless doesn’t have any lasting comfort from the ‘’kind words’’.

I think it’s about time that worthless people had the right to be worthless….for a while….without being bombarded with fruitless words of supposed encouragement.

So to prevent ambiguity creeping in. I’m saying that the feeling of worthlessness is a symptom of being….for a season… worthless. It’s probably how a tree feels in the winter, but the spring soon comes.

If you’re not in agreement then….. ‘’cheer up!’’ etc.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Feeling worthless is treatable.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

feeling worthless i agree the feeling is real the thoughts inside ones head is real
    but reality is the illness has taken over the brain so with help that person feelings thought process can and does change. I agree totally though when one feels worthless they are indeed believing that state to be true.
  4. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I know all too well what it's like to feel worthless. And soon it becomes all-consuming and everything I do or say or think brings me back to feeling even more worthless. In all honesty, I hate that feeling more than anything else, and if someone lies to me and tells me I'm not with absolutely no background information on me, I still feel a little better. If someone is willing to waste a small amount of time feeding me a lie I might know is false still means I'm worth someone's time in some small way. Somehow that small glimmer is still enough for me.. most of the time at least.

I'm not saying a person shouldn't have the right to believe what they want to about themselves, but it's definitely not healthy to sulk on something like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.