worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sihuskyzoi, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sihuskyzoi

sihuskyzoi Well-Known Member

One of those days.... when I can sense that you see through me. My mask of professionalism. My facade of intelligence. My display of competency. And you see my worthlessness. Exhausted. I'm exhausted.

2. sihuskyzoi

And it seems odd that the only place in my life I can express these thoughts... is here :(

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Have you looked to NAMI (or similar) for an actual in-person peer support group?

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Why do you feel like you're worthless?

5. sihuskyzoi

No... How would I go about that? Would my anonymity be secure?

6. sihuskyzoi

That would be the childhood voice of reason I have never been able to.shake. I'm struggling to keep up with paperwork at work. I feel like I constantly end up in the same quicksand. Like I can never be "good enough".

7. sihuskyzoi

I feel like the janitor who is playing the professional... Does that make sense??

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yeah, it does make sense. I can assure you that you're not worthless, but I know it's hard to shake a thought or feeling that's been with you for a long time. Is there anything that makes you feel better about yourself?

Here if you feel like talking.

9. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Because you have not indicated which country you are in, it makes if difficult to give advice since there are different resources and approaches varying from place to place, but if you're in the USA, then go to NAMI.org for more information. Find the closest office for NAMI to you and call, asking what support groups they offer. The groups that meet are confidential and secure, though identities are not hidden by masks or what not - This is about peers helping peers with resources, networking, sharing, experiences, advice, advocacy, and understanding. It's a step toward wellness.

10. sihuskyzoi

I've helped people make changes... I'm genuinely empathetic toward others. I do that well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.