Would a zombie apocalypse/alien invasion actually help you?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by LM350, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LM350

LM350 Member

Would a zombie apocalypse/alien be so terrible?

I guess this is an absolutely ridiculous idea and anyone with common sense won't take this seriously. But I had a thought, would a post apocalyptic world be a good thing for me?

It sure would help a lot of my problems

Social problems: I would be forced to speak to other survivors to co-operate and help each other, so remaining quiet and nervous just wouldn't do.

To an extent, do what I want: I could say whatever I've always wanted to say to whoever, but couldn't because of certain things and consequences. Plus, it would be the last thing on everyone's minds, so I could just say what I want out loud, and do whatever I want in the deserted streets.

It would help me get physically fit: A lot of combat against the zombies/aliens would have to be done, so I could get trained with a weapon, get fit, and fight. A victory would maybe help higher my self esteem.

Lose most of my responsibilities: This might not be a good thing, but I wouldn't have to do this, do that, go to school, homework, chores, not do this because its bad, etc etc. Only responsibilities are to survive and ensure others survival.

Yes, I am very aware that the negatives in such a scenario vastly outweigh the positives, but taking these into account, would it help you? And if you became successful, formed a group of survivors, and cared for each other, would you be happy?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  2. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

i want to think this through.... you know get a grip on it

just thinking about any aspect of it that would make it normal again after such a thing

there would be a lot less survivors after something like that started .... which side i would be on survivor or non-survivor?

right now i am on the better side of it all

see once something like that gets started then the math goes against all survivors since the non-survivors begin to number well beyond survivors

i would think i was better off working on myself today then rushing towards working out a plan for zombies or dealing with survivors

i would assume that if something like that all happened i would at first have emotions that were numbed as i searched for a return to normal

but then what is normal recently i have no answer

thats why your post made me think in the first place
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Ok, first I laughed, then I thought about it.

Overall, no, it would not help. The world would be so devastated that nothing would be normal, and there would not be a chance to behave and develop anything, even my own self, "normally." I would rather live now in a way that helps to preserve and save the world and boost people, not find myself in the darkness that follows an apocalyptic event.

(If it doesn't overwhelm you with sadness, read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I think he pinpoints what much of the world would be like after an apocalypse.)
  4. fallingawayfromME

fallingawayfromME Well-Known Member

Damn straight! I'm basically already dead anyway so I'd fit right in.
  5. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

I don't think so. In any of the situations you presented, I would be more useless than anything, unless they need a "brain" and maybe even there I wouldn't do much. When it comes to physical skills, I have none.
  6. Powerpuff

Powerpuff Active Member

It would be better for me, I already am a zombie. So a zombie apocalypse would mean that I'd have friends.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If you look around you, most of the world are already zombies. So I guess it wouldn't be much of a change for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.