Would God forgive it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AnomymousX, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnomymousX

AnomymousX Well-Known Member

Would he forgive me if I killed myself? Because I'm coming close to making another attempt.

My first attempt consisting of over 100 pills and my mom caught me. I was sent to get my stomach pumped, which was horrible pain, that gay ass hospital would not let me rest ONE BIT! Then I was sent to a psychiatric hospital for a week, after I met the other kids there, my reason was only stronger for killing myself. I never knew girls love drug addicts that much?

I don't believe in life, life is just random and stupid to me and has absolutely no fucking point. When I think about dying, I feel all relieved, followed by recurring pain knowing that I'm still alive. I was born into a bad world, in a bad time era, in the wrong place. Whether I am dead or alive, no difference will take place in the world... People always say that, "No one can fill your place when you're gone..." Who the hell cares?! When people walk the streets everyday, they're not thinking, "No one can fill your place when you're gone..."

I know I'm young and there's more life ahead of me, but I really could care less now, I lost all my patience and don't have enough backup energy to give me just that little speck of patience to keep going. I'm just a different person in a world of "sames". This world is the most backwards and stupidest fucking place in the void of existence. I'd rather lie in a grave than sit around one more second watching people bathe in what I've worked for all my life. I don't care if I go nowhere when I die, at least that way I won't have to remember who I was. And if I go to hell? Oh well, I'd probably fit better down there than Earth itself.

I am invisible and unimportant, I am a hack, and everyday this stuff is just proven more and more to me. So go ahead, enjoy your dumb ass backwards world, enjoy your women falling for and marrying the wrong people, enjoy your white teenage singers that randomly get famous in one day, and enjoy your emo kids (even though that stlye got old a long ass time ago). Enjoy it all, because I won't be here anymore to see it.

God could've made multiple planets for humans alike, but he wanted to be funny and combine everything.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2008
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just wanted you to know that I am so sorry you are feeling this way and that you can PM me if I can be there for you...big hugs, J
  3. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

I don't believe that any god that is as merciful and understanding as God is made out to be, would send someone to hell because he or she committed suicide. God knows how much we can take, and if He allows the world to pour on more pain than that, then He should forgive us when we crack.
  4. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

one of the most reasonable responses I've read.

God gave us free will and not even He will punish us for using it.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree to some extent. I am sorry you are feeling that bad that the only thing you see is to take the way out. I hope you can find other solutions that help to give your life more meaning. :hug:
  6. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but does he exist? Havent seen him, havent sense him... Should he allow this things happen if he really exist?
  7. touglytobeloved

You dont need a forgiveness for something that is not really your fault. It is your desicion as a consequence of your life, a life that is not chosen, a life that is given without any choice.
  8. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I believe God would forgive suicides. There are several mentioned in the Bible itself and none are seen in a negative light. :hug:

But I agree with gentlelady. I hope you find a solution other than suicide.
  9. touglytobeloved

I havent read the bible, so I dont know what suicides are mentioned there. So if you want, please tell me, here, or on PM, or msn.
  10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

The following is from the A.S.H. website:

The Bible, Christianity and Suicide

"The Bible says suicide is wrong."
    Well, no, actually, it doesn't. There are seven suicides and one attempted suicide reported in the Bible, and they are presented either neutrally or as appropriate, under the circumstances:

Abimelech (Judges 9:54), dying of a skull fracture during a siege, ordered his armor-bearer to slay him, to avoid the ignominy of having been seen to have been killed by a woman (she threw a millstone at him).

Samson (Judges 16:26-31) killed himself to avoid being "made sport of" by the Philistines, after his capture and infamous haircut, taking his tormentors with him. Samson's act of Faith earned him a place among the saints of Christianity (Hebrews, 11:32).

Saul (1 Samuel 31: 3-6), wounded and defeated in battle with the Philistines, asked his armor-bearer to kill him. When the aide was afraid to do it, Saul fell on his own sword. The armor-bearer then did likewise.

Achitopel (or Ahitophel, var. spellings) (2 Samuel 17:1, 23), plotted to overthrow David. When his plan failed, he put his household in order and hanged himself. It is interesting to note that the account specifies that he was buried in his father's sepulchre, in contrast to the Christian Church's long history of refusing burial in hallowed ground to suicides.

Zimri (1 Kings 16:18) usurped the throne of Israel; when he failed, he burned down the palace around himself.

Jesus of Nazareth (all four Gospels) chose to aggravate the authorities into crucifying him. Jesus was explicit in stating that his life was not being taken but that he was voluntarily choosing death: "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself." (John 10:18) While many Christians would vehemently deny that this amounts to suicide, Jesus' actions in behaving in a way that he knew would cause the authorities to condemn and execute him, and his refusal to take any action to avoid his execution, is similar to what today would be called "suicide by cop," and even more closely parallels the execution/suicide of Socrates, and the self-imposed martyrdoms carried out by members of the heretical Donatist schism and condemned by St. Augustine (see below).

Judas Iscariot (Matthew 27:4-5) hung himself after betraying Jesus. Generally presented as an appropriate act of remorse.

The Jailer at Philippi (Acts 16:26-29), under the mistaken impression that all his prisoners had escaped during an earthquake, thought that his career and life were in jeopardy and prepared to fall on his sword. Paul stopped him, not arguing that suicide was wrong, but merely that the jailer was acting under a misapprehension.

I didn't copy all of it because it would be too long, but I did get the part telling of the suicides mentioned in the Bible.
  11. touglytobeloved

I havent meant on Jesus's dead as a suicide, but now, i think, yeah, he was aware how he will end, he could stop that, but he never did. So, technicaly, it is a suicide.
  12. touglytobeloved

Anyway, no one here doesnt end his life because he want that. he does that, because he must, because he doesnt see another solution. Its a choice. So, no one has to forgive anything here, not even God, if he exist. Because only sins have to be forgived, and suicide is not a sin.
  13. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think God would forgive you but I agree with Gentlelady and the others who hope that you can find another way to deal with your difficulties.:hug:
  14. AnomymousX

AnomymousX Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think there's an early grave out there with my name written on it. Everyday I say to myself, "When am I gonna die, this whole life thing is so old." It's annoying to go to sleep and wake up again.
  15. thegrey

thegrey Member

lol I doubt that is considered a suicide.
    Okay I don't know much about the Bible so I shan't comment much :b

AnomymousX: Go find something to do! Then you won't think life is a routine, although it is to a certain extent xD
  16. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

i have known about all these from the bible for a long time now, that is part of what is helping me to understand that i believe that if a person is suffering ( physically ) with an illness that will cause them sever pain then they should have the right to end that pain..

people put animals to death so why not let us choose to do so if we are dying of a physical death..
  17. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

you were lucky if you took that much and lived..

i took way less then you but because of that act i am now dying a bad death and it will require me going through a lot of pain because i failed at my attempt.

I think God will and does take into consideration a persons mental state as to why they did it.. like above quoted there are many suicides in the bible..and though i do not want you to take your own life because we only live about 75 avarge so why not stay at least till your 75? who knows by then you might have a child of your own and perhaps even grand babies to spoil?

Me i have no chose, my mistake cost me an early death. A death that is hard to not only except but a mistake that i have to live with.. Want to know more pm me. i will be here until easter.

love ya,
  18. touglytobeloved

Sometimes, there is no other way.
  19. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

I am not religious, so i am probably the wrong person to reply here.
    I think it depends totally on your interpretations of your own religion. Most of the bible has multiple interpretations, its depends what you want it to tell you.
  20. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I believe that a loving God will forgive those who commit suicide during their darkest hour and not condemn their souls to an eternity in hell. But I also believe that you will probably come back as someone else and face the same struggles in your next life. This is why killing yourself is not the answer my friend. You have to find the strength to deal with the problems in your life and learn from them. You seem like an analytical person Anonymousx. You seem to really understand the world. Yes, the world can be a scary place, but we're here and we have to make the most of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.