Would God forgive it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnomymousX

It's hard to make the most of it with everyone here. I will always be outshun by someone else, I will always be invisible and covered up. Whether I commit suicide or not, I will give God ANYTHING to not reincarnate me, augh, what a horrible thought.

I believe that a loving God will forgive those who commit suicide during their darkest hour and not condemn their souls to an eternity in hell. But I also believe that you will probably come back as someone else and face the same struggles in your next life. This is why killing yourself is not the answer my friend. You have to find the strength to deal with the problems in your life and learn from them. You seem like an analytical person Anonymousx. You seem to really understand the world. Yes, the world can be a scary place, but we're here and we have to make the most of it.
I will come as someone else and face the same struggles in my next life? So, I will kill myself again (sounds stupid I know). But, at least I will have another 15-20 yeasr untill I grown up again. And in my next life, same again. So, I will be a child forever. I dont think this is bad. But its not true.

lol I doubt that is considered a suicide.
Okay I don't know much about the Bible so I shan't comment much :b

AnomymousX: Go find something to do! Then you won't think life is a routine, although it is to a certain extent xD
I dont know anything about the bible. I said this as my conclusion from the u-sa-ha-na's post about suicides in the bible.

Isnt this a proof that bible is written by a man, and it is not true?
:laugh: Id agree about the man part!

Im not sure, i think religion can be massivly helpful to people, and sometimes when i feel alone and in such a dark place, i wish i had faith in a higher being, but too much has gone under that bridge for me to even consider it anymore. Also, religion can be used for great evil. Again, the whole issue leaves me feeling cold to be honest.

An interesting question that I've asked myself over and over. I conclude there's no simple answer. Having made multiple attempts and anticipating more, I pray that my death won't send me to hell. I've heard it preached that suicide is murder and as such the murderer can't enter heaven because no sin may enter heaven.

Jesus was tempted in every way we are. Others mentioned earlier were considered good or great men. Did they all go to hell? I think not.

The conclusion I made long before depression began driving me to suicide six years ago is that a completely rational mind would want to live and anticipate life's pleasures and joys. That leads me to believe that suicidality isn't a rational choice, given the potential for happiness and fulfillment in this life.

I know that I, at least, was not rational when I made attempts. I was deeply depressed, overwhelmed, hopeless, helpless, traumatized (PTSD) and I felt there was no point to living. That doesn't sound to me like a healthy mind at work. But it's how many of us with suicidal ideation are. Irrational.

Was King Saul rational? Perhaps not all of the biblical suicides were irrational. There was a reason for each, surely.

I will celebrate our 36th anniversary this year, if I can hang on that long. I was a minister for 35 years in a conservative church, until depression and suicide shut me down and I retired ten years early with no retirement except SS disability. My 20 year old daughter was assaulted and raped two weeks ago. I know that it would devastate both her and my wife and son if I were to die at my own hand. As others, I rationalize that they will recover in time, and can have a better life without me. Irrational rationalization?

The comfort/assurance that I will go to heaven sustains me and makes me less fearful of death, though I am fearful of living. Yes, God is love and grace and kindness personified, and He is the only one who fully understands our pain. I believe that He's the only one who can judge our hearts, and I believe that, though my problems sadden him, because of his love and grace and forgiveness, I will be welcomed in heaven.

So, I believe in God, and I believe in an afterlife (only two choices - heaven or hell). And I know that because I put my trust in Him, I will go to heaven when I die, regardless whatever mistakes I make and problems I have, they are forgiven through Jesus' love. I wish that it meant that I could be undepressed or want to keep living, but life isn't always that simple.

My own thoughts. You aren't required to agree.

Sorry for going on. I tend to write essays instead of responses.

Jim

:laugh: Id agree about the man part!

Im not sure, i think religion can be massivly helpful to people, and sometimes when i feel alone and in such a dark place, i wish i had faith in a higher being, but too much has gone under that bridge for me to even consider it anymore. Also, religion can be used for great evil. Again, the whole issue leaves me feeling cold to be honest.
I understand you completely waht you want to say. I want to have a faith in a higher being that can help us all, but life thouthg me that there isnt. And, yeah, religion can be usefull sometimes. I think of the religion only like something that can make people closer to each other.

^
totally agree with you. I envy people with religion sometimes. To feel that someone was always with you, in your heart ect. I like the idea, and i have tried really hard, but i just dont really get it. I agree about making us closer though, it breeds common ground and togetherness.

A

Aquariamethystea

Many :hug: to everyone who posted in this thread. It is nice to be able to read a thread regarding God and suicide forgiveness, in which people write caring, compassionate messages, rather than the horrible "God hates suicide" messages which I've read in other similarly-related threads here on SF.

AnomymousX

This is why killing yourself is not the answer my friend. You have to find the strength to deal with the problems in your life and learn from them. You seem like an analytical person Anonymousx. You seem to really understand the world.
Well of course I understand the world, it's the world that doesn't understand me, I really don't care what is the "answer" and what isn't, there is no way I can live a full life without killing myself, that is impossible for me to see. Am I supposed to live my life watching others get what I've been trying to get for 18 years? No... Will the world crumple and fall into doom if I kill myself? No... There are over 600,000,000,000 people in this world to worry about.

When my suicide was foiled, I wasn't saved, I was mocked, all my points in life were only proven farther. AUGH!! Seriously, I did not asked to be born, and now, I wish I wasn't... So stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00