Would Have Thought

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aimee_in_Wonderland, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Aimee_in_Wonderland Well-Known Member

Things would get easier to deal with when you had so much happen to you in life. but they really dont do they?
    they hurt more than the last one.

Just when you think your getting over the worst of it, it comes back and smacks you straight in the face taunting you.

Decided to go see my manager today. got up the courage to hand in my "skills for care" folder which is part of my NVQ in care.
    Took the plunge while she marked it and explained my mistakes.
    ended up having an hour long chat in which i asked if i could do my Nvq Level 3 once my Level 2 Is Complete.

I got a blantant No.
    and her reasoning is very hurtful
    She should have just said it was about funding. i know its expensive.

But No Insted She said i dont have the ablity to become a Nurse i wouldnt make it though the training courses. id flunk out in the first 12 weeks.
    And by saying no. shes doing me a favor because i wouldnt be able to deal with that failure.

I cannot afford to go to night school.. to improve my maths science and english skills. its just not possible due to my age i wouldnt get goverment funding either. same as for the NVQ level 3

But what she thinks is right up my street would be going into office work.

its not that she thinks im no good as a carer. im just too "soft" to be a nurse..

One dream shot to bits straight away,
    a Year and half building myself up collecting qulifications in care to be told im never going to be a nurse.

and i guess now i know im not im at a stuck point in my life.
    wheres my next move?

I Don't Know.
    I know i worked my heart out for this women sometimes work 60plus hours a week to cover people off sick.
    to have her say im not capable of making it to be more than a carer.

Wasted.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Never wasted...do not let one person determine your fate...listen to her input, establish a game plan and move on...most ppl fail many times before they accomplish their goals...if I listened to ppl telling me what I could and could not do, I would be in a much different situation than I am now...thank her for allowing you to analyze your situation and move on...J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

OMG what an ass she is. I was told i would be no good at teaching I was too stupid to do college. I have been nursing over 30 years now and i am extremely sensitive it is this trait that makes me a good nurse. If you want to become a nurse you go become a nurse and don't let anyone tell you you can't.
    Sensitive people make the best nurses. take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.