Would it be Selfish to Tell Them?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PinkiePieInTheSky, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

Am I being selfish if I tell my best friend who is about to move off to a University that I am getting very close to killing myself?

I also have some other people I'd tell in hopes that I might get help, but I don't want to bother their lives. They seem to have happy lives, even one of them who did her speech in Speech class about how she was suicidal.

So I don't want to disrupt their lives by being that annoying person who needs to talk to them all the time just to stay alive; but that's where I'm at. It's hard to talk to people.

When they casualling ask me how I'm doing, all I can think of to say is that life sucks, and I intend on ending it.

2. jnick

jnick Well-Known Member

I dont think sharing your thoughts is selfish in the slightest, you need to reach out to others if you want to be OK. It is extremely considerate of you to think of it as possibly selfish. Perhaps tell someone who you thinks can genuinely help you.

3. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

Thank you Jnick! That really helps :).

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I believe it's only selfish if it were only a manipulating tactic. Since it isn't. I believe you should open up to everyone you trust. That's what friends and family are for. People want to know because they care. You are loved and cared for. Blessings...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.