Would knowing your IQ make you feel better about yourself?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by the_me_that_you_know, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was asked my IQ at some forum long ago. I had never taken an
    IQ test before. I was suprised at my results & it does raise my self-esteem.
    If anyone would like, I can post a link or tell you how to find a website where you can find your IQ out by takin a test. :anyone:

2. Driretlanii

Driretlanii Active Member

When I got into the psychiatric hosp they made me a lot of testing and said I had a 186 score in Weschler scale test, and a 154 score in the Stanford-Binet scale... It didn't make me feel any better, only got me feeling worse. Got me feeling the worst pile of sh** ever...

3. My IQ was 117 last I checked.

4. RunningAway

RunningAway Well-Known Member

Wow - 186 :eek: Not bad considering the highest ever officially recorded is 189 :eek:

I don't know what mine is but am probably just middling :mellow:

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

You have to be careful with this online so-called IQ tests, the real IQ test is nothing compared to some of those I've seen online. I've never had my real IQ taken, I doubt whether it would make me feel better.

6. theplaya

theplaya Well-Known Member

yes i would like to know the link

7. Http://www.web.tickle.com was where I went but if you just search IQ test there are all kinds of different places to go.
    There are other tests there as well, not just the IQ one..... you might find something amusing to do if you are bored.

8. Driretlanii

Driretlanii Active Member

Look, the point is... there's IQ and there's EQ... and you can have a lot of IQ (like they all say I do) and still be unable to fit in, to adjust to society, to do things right - probably you lack EQ in the situations you find in your daily life... As well as you can have a below-average IQ and stand out from the rest 'cos you have a superb EQ! So, what's the point of knowing your IQ? I find EQ far more important than IQ... You may have the brains, but if you just don't know what to do with them you'll still be a faillure...

9. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Im not particularly smart, but i had potential, it makes me more depressed to realize ive done nothing with it. Achieving things in life isnt about brains, its about focus and persistence, something thats been proven time and time again.

10. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Nope because I'm painfully average. :dry:

11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

IQ tests are a complete waste of time. They do not rate true brilliance, anyway, which is the emotionally competent part. All they rate is logical intelligence... completely irrational.

For your information, I've never taken an IQ test, and never intend to.

12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I have a high IQ, so the tests always make me feel better :)

13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'd like to know mine, but I gaurantee it would be bad :laugh: :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.