Would like to end it tonight

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by erick, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erick

erick Active Member

Was in a conversation with a neighbor. I said too much personal things about my family. He said personal things about himself, but not about his family. I'm so down now, I just want to end it tonight.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I know how it feels to think you said too much, but it does say you needed to talk about it...what is going on with your family? Please let us know

3. erick

erick Active Member

I have learned the hard way. I will not talk about my family ever again.

4. erick

erick Active Member

Time make things better. After a few days I will not think of this anymore.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun it is okay we all have to at times talk about our family I hope hun you keep taking here ok we care hugs

6. erick

erick Active Member

Thanks for your caring reply. Hugs! That goes to Sadeyes too. Hugs!

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I tend to keep personal things personal and only occasionally make a statement that is encompassing, but not filled with any actual detail. With neighbors, I restrict conversation to things such as the house or neighborhood, food, cars, or gardening... things that affect us all from house to house, but generally never anything about personal life. This even with my very good long term neighbor friends (most of which have all lived around me for the past 15 or more years).

Take from this the experience, it never is a mistake if you walk away with lesson learned. Remember too that what seems pressing to you may have gone in one of their ears and out the other. Chances are, they won't store the information you spoke of for too long in their daily memory. Just smile at them and wave hello, act as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened. It shall pass.

8. yep

yep Well-Known Member

You are so right about that. Things do change when some time passes. It reminds me a saying about doing things tomorrow rather than today. Tomorrow you think in a different way about things that are hard today, it is like our body and mind needs some time to rest and recover, so although the problem is still there, you would feel like you can face it better.

9. yep

yep Well-Known Member

You are not alone

10. WldHair

WldHair Well-Known Member

I don't think you said too much, especially if he shared something of himself back to you. Sometimes by sharing intimate things, we find allies where there were none. Hang in there, Erick!

11. erick

erick Active Member

Thanks, it's ok for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.