would someone please just tell me whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ripx, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

Im so unhappy with my life that its gotten to the point of no return. even when im not feeling that down, i still cant enjoy anything. my family tells me that the best remedy is to just stop isolating myself. well ive tried, and i still feel out of place, like i want to reseed back into my shell. Once im there, i begin feeling as though i want to be around people, but not the people that i have access to. i feel like total scum, i seem to look down on my family. But then again, i officially have no real friends anymore. the one friend that i had has degraded down to an aquaitence. I cant stand hanging out with him because all he does is watch tv. i dont know anymore, i feel so robbed.
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anything wrong with you other than the fact that you sound like you suffer from depression. Everything you mention are classic symptoms. I feel very much the same. Even the things I was really passionate about in my life just don't feel the same anymore. It's a struggle everyday but it is worth fighting these feelings. People do come through these kind of things. Hope you can find a way. Best of luck. S.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Good morning Ripix,
    You have all the signs of seveere depression. Isolating your self is a major sign. I know, because I went fourteen years isolating myself to my bedroom. I would only come out to use the bathroom, get something to eat, or to smoke on the back porch because I can't smoke in my sisters house.
    You really need to get into therapy. I have been going and have learned alot from Gina. I get out of the house a little at a time, I have started driving myself to places I have to go. Like therapy, to see my shrink, and to go to the grocery store.
    My daughter moved down here and stayed with us for four months. I ran her and my grandaughter to where they needed to go. I stayed in the car when I had to wait for them. Now that she has screwed my sister and me, I have retreated back to my safe spot(my bedroom). Part of my isolation is because people screw me everytime I try to be nice. I can't help it because in my younger years I was taught to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    So do you see you aren't the only one who suffers from it! I still get out to the places Gina and myself have learned that I can go to without being confronted by anyone. Please take my advice and don't isolate yourself, You don't want to go there!! It doesn't bother me anymore because I have grown accustom to it from all the years I have done it. Get the help it makes a big difference. Take Care!!~Joseph~
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think there is no short answer here...try to do small things, things that will allow you to be more in the world...and yes, professional help can be rather useful...it got me back to a place where I no longer feared going out of my house...best of luck, J
  5. Hi ripx, I'm sorry you feel so crappy. I know you said you've tried to not isolate yourself and it is bound to feel uncomfortable and unsafe out of your shell, but it takes time you just have to stick at it hun..

6. MikeJones86

MikeJones86 New Member

You have to get new friends, go join some clubs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.