Would this relationship work? </3

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ice Cold, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Member

In july my girlfriend will be moving to France as her dad has been promoted and they will be living there. She will be coming over on the odd weekend and I will be seeing her in France hopefully too. She says she loves me and she says she will never cheat on me, I for sure, will never cheat on her. She always keeps me happy too, do you think this relationship would work?

I think she will come back to England in 2-3 years.

PLEASE HELP :'(

2. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

How old are you guys?

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Indeed. She's probably old enough to decide for herself where she lives, she could reside with a friend or relative. Or you. Or maybe even by herself.

4. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Member

Both 14. Both take love very seriously.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

14 is hard, though she still may be able to stay with relatives. I'd suggest she look into that.

Otherwise, I say you need to at least try the long distance thing. Worst case scenario you separate - if you don't try, you separate anyhow.

6. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Member

Thanks for help. I just wrote a ton of words about everything and I feel better. Knowing someone thinks I should try it makes me feel better :)

7. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Would this relationship work? I don't believe so. Long distance relationships between minors hardly ever last. 98% chance of failure, and not necessarily because of cheating or treason, but simply because of the lack of affection, too much distance, lack of time spent together and growing in different directions where interest is eventually lost in puberty. These very seldom blossom into long-term future relationship or marriage. I see nothing wrong with trying to stay close though, after all, some relationships do stay strong even though the couple are away from one another for prolonged periods of time, although these are extremely few.

The point is, you two will be a lot different by age 16, and there's too much uncertainty there, but always worth a try to keep bridges up.

8. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

sorry dude, its not going to work. you can cry about it, but it will make you stronger.

9. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Regardless of age, I think if there are doubts, then it won't work.
    I'm sure many would disagree with me, thats just how things have gone for me in the past.

10. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Member

i just want to end my life :'(

11. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

don't feel bad about it if it doesn't work out...

both of you are young... your still at an age where you experiment with how you feel about things... your interest may lead you to some other path then her interests...

you may take this relationship seriously, but when you haven't even fully discovered yourself yet, you can't really know what you search for in a partner...

people change, chances are you won't like her 2 years from now... and if you will like her 2/3 years from now, distance shouldn't matter ;)

12. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Member

It's not because of that. It's because I'm so mentally fucked up. No one likes me. No one cares for me. Soon as I'm happy something bad happens. Now I'm scared to lose her as she's all I got :'(

13. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

If you think nobody likes you then maybe you just haven't met the right people yet. And if the people you have met don't like you then its their loss and you are probably better off without them. The only real friends are the ones that like you for you and once you meet these friends its amazing. So all you need is a little hope and patience. If you are as nice of a guy as you seem to be then it will all work out for you.

As for your relationship if you 2 feel as strongly for each other as you say then maybe it could work... but it is likely to be to be the hardest thing you will have had to do... my suggestion... take a mutual break from the relationship and then when she is able to come back give it another try if the feelings are still there and if its in the best interest of both of you.