Ideas & Opinions Would you be fine becoming a mother with donated sperm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessPure

Any thoughts on that if it was supposed to happen for you?

I have been thinking of it for a few years now... since I am almost 21 and never dated anyone , plus in the next few years I will be busy with moving country, so yea lets say i will probably only be stable around 25 (?) And that's kinda.... late to find a partner and convince him to have children in the future? Cause I am awkward and boring. And even if I found anyone, highly doubt men are so easy to become serious nowadays. Why would a man choose to be serious with me lol? Nothing interesting with me. And then my biological clock would be ticking and I would lose fertility... so I see that as my only way but it scares me as well. Because my family is traditional......and I think so am I, kinda. Am I dumb or something?

This whole giving birth thing is a huge pressure on me. I really wanna experience giving actual birth (rather than adopting) and I am scared it may never happen, and I feel panic whenever I think of it.

If you want a long term relationship, I think it's good to look for one, but I don't think you have to panic about being too old, or soon being too old to become a biological mother.

I guess it's common for women to want to become biological mothers, but being an adoptive parent might be a good thing. There are plenty of kids out there that need loving homes, so I think adoption is a good thing.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You have so many years ahead of you to worry about that. 25 isn't even close to too late to find a partner or have children. Most of my friends are getting married and having children in their 30s.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Also though, I do have a few friends who have had children with sperm donors. They are in same sex relationships so you know, couldn't really do it the traditional way. If you really do want a child of your own someday, it would be reasonable to go down that route. Just don't rush into it out of panic. *hug

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
You still have plenty of time. I was 36 when I had my son. When you find a partner you’ll have plenty of time to think about having kids then. I think having them when you are older allows you to have a life first so don’t rush into it. Xx

PrincessPure

If you want a long term relationship, I think it's good to look for one, but I don't think you have to panic about being too old, or soon being too old to become a biological mother.

I guess it's common for women to want to become biological mothers, but being an adoptive parent might be a good thing. There are plenty of kids out there that need loving homes, so I think adoption is a good thing.
I indeed admire people who adopt kids, maybe I would change my mind about adopting someday... idk. For now since I don't really like kids much, and they sometimes annoy me, I think maybe it would be a bit harder to love a kid not from my own blood. I hope doesn't sound offensive. Maybe I would change and become a loving mother someday, and have that feeling for every kid out there.

Legate Lanius

A female virgin at 21? We are reaching levels of statistical anomaly that are tantamount to getting a royal straight flush at the flop. I'm a virgin at 22 but I will NEVER drag another human into this worthless shitfuck planet.

PrincessPure

A female virgin at 21? We are reaching levels of statistical anomaly that are tantamount to getting a royal straight flush at the flop. I'm a virgin at 22 but I will NEVER drag another human into this worthless shitfuck planet.
Umm not sure why a "female" virgin at that age would be considered off? I know considered old for being a virgin but idk why it has to do with gender lol.
Anyway me being virgin at this age a 100% has to do with cultural values and traditions. Not that I believe in them but I don't wanna be in trouble from my family's side either.

Legate Lanius

Umm not sure why a "female" virgin at that age would be considered off? I know considered old for being a virgin but idk why it has to do with gender lol.
Anyway me being virgin at this age a 100% has to do with cultural values and traditions. Not that I believe in them but I don't wanna be in trouble from my family's side either.
Ok. I thought you might have shared some values with me, sry for the mistake.

There's no too old to be a virgin I promise. Don't listen to anyone who might make you feel otherwise <3
Of course not, I believe that virginity is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00