Would you buy tickets for the purpose of making money

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

say there was a big concert going on sale tomorrow, and you knew you could make money on them would you buy them for the purpose of making money on them?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No not me i wouldnt have the money to buy them in the first place but i don't think it is right myself

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

So you want to be a scalper now? Easy money I guess.

4. wOOt99

wOOt99 Active Member

Even if you are a scalper, technically you are earning money, in the hours waiting outside or posting online to people. If the hour per dollar is satisfactory for you, then go for it.

P.S. Most scalping is illegal in most states or provinces, so you gotta factor in the chance for losses and punishment. Almost the same as growing weed.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

scalping is illegal here so No I wouldn't be game to try it.

6. LipsOfDeceit

LipsOfDeceit Well-Known Member

Nah, illegal here too. Besides, you might end up losing money if no one buys the tickets from you.

7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Basically with what others have said. It's illegal(well I think it is...) where I am so I probly wouldn't bother risking it. And my anxieties would freak me out and stop me from getting the tickets in the first place :laugh:.

8. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

Men/Women make ups laws. These laws have no merit other than they were thought to be correct at the time they were passed.

Laws change with time, whats prohibited now most likely will be acceptable in a few years time and vice versa. Never stop questioning man made laws, why they were though up, are they just, are there other less well meaning motives behind them.

The second hand selling of tickets is illegal because (supposedly) you are inflating the price of tickets that otherwise would be sold at a reasonable price.

Are we sure about this or is it because the organizers/football associations want a cut or dont want to loose control. Its considered OK if a member of these organizations resells tickets and profits from them but not Jo blogs who resells a couple of tickets.

If I had bought some tickets and couldn't go for whatever reason, yes I would try to make a small profit from my misfortune.

9. wastedmylife

Scalping is not illegal

10. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I would only do it if FI had more than one offer on the table.

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Nope, I wouldn't do it.

12. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

It's illegal in Australia.

13. wastedmylife

this is how I make my money I wish I can stop because it eats away at me but there is money to be made and I can never get a "regular" job again

hate my job

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Nope, wouldn't do it.. I'm too old to go to jail..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.