Would you call it an attempt?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by whitelighter, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitelighter

whitelighter New Member

I recently took a combination of otc drugs which I had heard could be lethal. I probably shouldn't say which drugs these were, because some people's bodies might have reacted differently, but in my case, nothing happened.

I guess at some level I was fairly sure it wouldn't, because if it were very likely, surely there would've been more incidents, and these meds would've been taken off the shelf by now.

Still, does the fact that I wasn't 100 % it wouldn't kill me technically make it a suicide attempt? The only reason I took them was the potential lethality-I wasn't trying to get attention or anything. Nobody even knew I took them until a few days later when I confided in one of only two close friends I have. The people that I guess I was partly trying to "get back at", by ending my life, never found out about this.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

White, I am more concerned with how you feel than whether it was an attempt...please talk to someone because what you did is a sign of your pain...I hope you follow up with your doctor or a therapist and tell him/her about this...this is not a play for attention, but clearly something hurting you...also, I hope you posted about what is going on for you...there are many people here who will relate and support your well being

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

The greater concern here is that you're in the mind state to consider methods in this way. Engaging in potentially, although not assuredly, harmful behaviour like this is a warning sign. As is starting to think maybe it's okay with you if you happen to die by accident, for instance.

Please be safe. This is depression you're dealing with and there are many avenues of support open to you if you would like to utilize them. Posting here is a good start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.