Would you cast the "unperfect" away???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayswrong

I'm sorry for insisting on this matter.
A poppy has been run over and it seems it will remain paraplegic. She's undergoing treatment so far to see if she can walk again. But, if she won't, those 'humans' who rescued her said they won't keep her... I'M WORRIED AND FURIOUS!!!!! I wish I had already sold my apt and moved to a house to adopt her!
But this, and reading some posts, brought up the same question. Would you, folks vote for throwing all what's "unperfect" down from the Taygetus, as the Spartans did??? I'm absolutely sure you wouldn't. Then, WHY ON EARTH ARE SOME OF YOU THROWING YOURSELVES DOWN FROM IT???
Let's say we're the ugliest, the most stupid, brainless, unskilled, "good-for-nothing" people on Earth. This is our STARTING POINT!!! We "ARE" NOT. WE ARE "BEING", we're living matter, and this means development, CHANGE!
Even if somebody or an animal will never become as any other, I will certainly admire and cherish his/her quest to become the best he/she can. It's easy - and silly... and INSIPID - to win with the best cards. Even fantastic superheroes need somw Achiles heel to be interesting.
Would you please explain me where I'm wrong? I'd really appreciate it. Because it hurts me when I hear beautiful people (the REAL beauty - not the external one) whipping themselves up because they just can't see themselves as they truly are.

You're not wrong @Alwayswrong, no one should ever treat themselves this way, but unfortunately external pressures can sometime warp how we see/think about ourselves and result in us incorrectly feeling that way.

The ones that do find their way here however are lucky enough to have good people like yourself to highlight that those feelings are correct and that they are worth the effort so thank you for taking the time to remind us, and I hope you stick around to keep reminding us.

Take care

Lestat

Sadly we live in a world where we alienate things we find repulsive and things that remind us of bad times. Some places cast away people in prisons for life and some have death penalties. People do bad, but people change... Sadly we don't see that. We also have lock people in away for mental illness in hospitals and prisons...

We also have do it because people want easy lives and don't want to be hindered by people or animals that will cause them problems or guilt.

It is sad. I hope you can cope with what happened

Maybe we do, maybe people have their own reasons for it? I don't know. I try not to think people are bad and that people aren't evil.
People are ignorant of things they don’t understand - sometimes I guess they’re afraid too but also afraid to admit it. Someone did the comparison of Facebook v SF the other day. My comparison goes Facebook .. an almost TV reality website where everyone is beautiful and happy and usually eating far too much ... SF an oasis of loving, caring generous and REAL folk. I hope people rant in the main bad - but they live in a bubble.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Maybe we do, maybe people have their own reasons for it? I don't know. I try not to think people are bad and that people aren't evil.
I think good and evil is an entirely subjective concept. All people look for ways to maximize reward and minimize punishment. So if something feels good, they do it more and if something feels bad, they do it less. It all comes down to the values and beliefs individual people find to be important to them personally. I don't think humans are inherently good or evil, but I do think they are all self-serving.

Lestat

I think good and evil is an entirely subjective concept. All people look for ways to maximize reward and minimize punishment. So if something feels good, they do it more and if something feels bad, they do it less. It all comes down to the values and beliefs individual people find to be important to them personally. I don't think humans are inherently good or evil, but I do think they are all self-serving.
Yes. This is why I don't know that fighting it is right.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Moral. I just think if we agree that people aren't doing things with evil or bad intentions then we should not fight it... For we could also be wrong... People have reasons and even if I don't understand them I don't think they need to be fought.
Good point. "Fighting" it does seem to imply that it is evil. Who is anyone to say that anyone else is wrong in what they do? There is no universal wrong or right to anything. It's merely our perception of things, people, and ideas. So I agree.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
They might have their reasons, but these reasons hurt those people or animals, who are the ones who suffer.
Suffering is inevitable, unfortunately. It's a part of the human condition and life in general. It sucks to see someone or something suffer, but I don't think there is a way to prevent it.

Lestat

They might have their reasons, but these reasons hurt those people or animals, who are the ones who suffer.
The best way I think is for people like you to do the best you can. Through this others will see and understand and maybe join.

I think pointing the finger can harden people to ideas and turn them away from yours. Through your kind actions others can learn from you.

Sevven

L
Suffering is inevitable, unfortunately. It's a part of the human condition and life in general. It sucks to see someone or something suffer, but I don't think there is a way to prevent it.
Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.
View attachment 7598
@Alwayswrong I always say we can't change The world, we can only change Our Own world. It's devastating and actually that concept is how I learned what a panic attack is. Unfortunately most people don't know how to change their own world because society is predicated on a system of interdependence and it's hard to escape the bad aspects while still benefitting. So most take the path of least resistance. We just have to not let our light get snuffed by despair, because we who truly shimmer are few and far between.
I won't go into the politics of "if you were the paraplegic would you want to be tossed into nonexistence."

Last edited:

Lestat

You seem like a really nice person.

I have a dog I adopted who was 5mins away from being put down by a vet and my sister... I basically walked in and grabbed him and walked out with being threatened with police and other actions. He is now sat on my lap and 5 years have passed. He was only being put down because my sister couldn't look after him anymore and he had arthritis. No real issues and apart from the arthritis he is healthy.

I love dogs and hate to see any animal, no matter what animal that is, hurt or abused. I hate to see suffering.

The thing is, not everyone is like a us and that's not bad.

You are great. I hope you can continue and not let the sadness get you down. Try all you can but realise that you can't always do everything... Be as happy as you can. We need people like you here

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I happen to like animals much better than people, myself, because at least they don't cause each other unnecessary pain or suffering for the sheer pleasure of it. When animals hurt other animals, it always serves some sort of purpose, like needing to feed themselves, mating, or what have you. But, unlike humans, they never actually enjoy hurting each other in its own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00