Would you consider me to be an alcoholic?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by gag, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm just an abit party goer, or an alcoholic.
    My family seems to think I have an issue with drinking, my doctor doesn't, but I lied to him about how frequentley I drink.

I'm 17, I started drinking at 14.
    At first I was drinking once a week or so, by the time I was 15 I was drinking twice a week, at 16 I was drinking about 2 times a week still with the exception of summer and spring break... But since this summer I have been drinking alot.

The last two weeks of summer I was drunk everyday, now during the school year I drink 3-5 times a week, depending on how much money I have to my name.
    Even on school nights, like tonight, I get drunk.

Also, my immunity to alcohol has skyrocketed since I started, at first I couldn't drink 6 beer without staggering, now I can drink within the range of 20 beers before I even start to stagger.

2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Well an alchoholic sorta needs alchohol to function in normal life....hopefully it's not that way for you.

3. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

purely depends on whether you need it to function, yeah. i had to calculate my current intake of alcohol for a medical thing (and of course i lied) but the real amount was about 63 units a week. i think if you feel like you need to drink before say 12(noon) then you have some kind of problem.

4. I am an alcoholic and i drink any time of day. I don't even drink beer anymore just 70 proof and up. I usually get up and take a swig of wutever I got. I started heavy drinling at 18. I would go out to parties drink about 20 beers or a bottle and drop a friend off then drive home. I've been very lucky. Its not a good road but like me and most alcoholics its not a big deal till its too late.

5. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

Me and my friend tried to get everclear sent to us but the sending charges are ridiculous. what do you normally drink?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.