Would you hang out with somebody you didn't like, just for the sake of having friends

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I ask because a few people I know are doing this and I have done it myself, but I refuse to any longer, and have decided if it means being friendless - then so be it.

Just wondered if people thought that was crazy of me and it's better to have friends (even if they are mean to you or you have absolutely nothing in common or they just plain suck) then to be lonely.

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

Re: Would you hang out with somebody you didn't like, just for the sake of having fri

i do it all the time - but mainly because my actual friends like them
    :dunno: i guess i prefer being around people than to be on my own and feeling suicidal

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Re: Would you hang out with somebody you didn't like, just for the sake of having fri

You're not crazy. You might find it's the best decision you've carried out. Being with people like that would mean I slowly die inside. I did it with my ex for years. And I'm feeling fantastic now.

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I have trouble acting pleasant to people I don't like. :dunno:

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

never! i've learn to live and love my solutide

6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i prefer to be alone, but sometimes even a fake friend will do

7. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I tried that before, it felt good at first but after a while you realize that you can't stand these people. It is better to wait to find some real friends, rather then waste your time with people you don't really like.

8. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

If they are mean or tear ya down in anyway lose them-fast!

If they just bore you I would keep them but I can isolate myself too easily so even "hi , bye" friends are good for me.

You always have us Linds! We love ya!!!

Hugs B

9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I do that :dunno:

10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aww B :hugtackles: :)

Don't worry Spencer, I think everybody can understand. It's a difficult predicament to be in and loneliness is awful.

I had a friend who consistently slagged me off behind my back though, it made me sick because she would tell me how much she loved/cared for me and call me her best friend in the world, all the while slagging me off to high hell to others.
    Another girl I know refuses to dump her boyfriend who is quite obviously and blatantly cheating on her, he does the same, tells her he loves her to keep her and she makes excuses for him.

People see how vulnerable we are, being depressed, and use that to their advantage. Thinking we'll stick around no matter how they treat us because we're desperate and lonely.
    I hate to see them proven right.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  11. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. I'd rather be lonely then hang out with someone I hate.... :dunno:

12. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Not anymore. I've done it in the past though. That's lonliness for you.

13. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Yeah I do it... I just hate being alone...

14. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

No would rather be on my own besides it would show i'm not good at hiding my feelings at times

15. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

No I hate what's fake. Fake friends and fake tits are two things of the worse ever.

16. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hell, that's why I got married! lol

17. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I doubt it

18. Aurora Gory Alice

What's wrong with fake tits? I'd so get some if I had £5k going spare. :tongue:

And LOL! at Bill! hehe :laugh:

19. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

No I wouldn't. I'm used to not having any friends and I actually prefer to be alone.

20. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha! Oh boy do I do that. And I did the marriage thingy that way too. In fact, I was in my 40s before I learned I do not have to like someone.

Oh boy, what a life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.