Would you lend something you love....

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Shock, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Allright, just a question for the sake of it :)

I restored a very old bicycle for fun recently. Actually, just doing the work help with my depression quite a lot but thats another story. The bicycle became a symbol for me of a new found patience and craftsmanship I didnt know i possessed prior to doing the project. In short I am secretly very proud of my work. I dont really use it though, as I am not at home but several of my friends who appreciate the aesthetics of it have asked to borrow it.

Should I let them use it knowing that it will probably get damaged but at least someone is getting pleasure from riding it?

2. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

hmmm thats a good question...on one hand u have a bike that doesnt get used on the other u dont wanna see all ur hard work go to waste if it gets damanged.....u could always rebuild it again if it get wrecked...idk tho

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Ooh that's a toughie!
    Are you absolutely sure you are never going to use it though?

4. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

If you're not going to use it, why not? It gave you pleasure. Now your hard work can make someone else happy.

However, if you decide you don't want to lend it to them then theres no harm in saying no.

I'm glad you found something to help you with your depression.

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I'd lend something I love, without a doubt. It just depends on WHO.

6. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I dont lend somthin I love or adore at all...but its diffrent from person to another

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No you worked very hard and i say no. If you trust them to return it in the shape it left okay lend it but you said it would probably get destroyed NO if they cannot respect someone elses property then no they should not be able to use it. Don't let someone else trash what you are so proud of and worked hard at.

8. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

But what good does keeping it do?

9. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Why would you assume it would get damaged though? If you know they are going to break it don't let them.

I say sure let them take it for a spin, but tell them to take it easy!

10. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

well they might break it. It is very old. I have decided to let people borrow it becuase there is no point in having it sit there. I like things that are beautiful and have purpose so it will get used.

11. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I do not lend anything, not even things I hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.