Would you let it happen?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by anonymous51, Nov 21, 2008.

Would you?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2008.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
  2. No

22 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

you meet a man sitting next to a big red button. He tells you if he presses it it will simultaniously launch every single nuclear weapon onto every location on the planet effectivley wiping out all life on earth. There would be no elongation of suffering, the strikes would be coordinated so that no bomb hits before another, meaning noone would know what was about to happen nor suffer the experiences. There would be no memory of anything that humanity has achieved, and there will be no future. Noone to remember, noone to regret.

He asks you if you want to stop him, he says he won't press the button if you do not want it to happen. He waits for your answer

Would you stop him? I wouldnt. Please give an explanation after.
  2. Rockster

Rockster Guest

I would stop him because part of life is experiance, everyone needs the right to make their own choices in life
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I'd stop him. Other life forms such as the plants and animals are trying their best to survive. We should assist them.
  4. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I'd beat him up, break his machine, and then call his wife and tell her he spent the night with a hooker.
    Who needs reason? Maybe I just don't like his face.
  5. I would not stop him. I'd hug him and tell him that he is a great man who is doing the earth a very huge favor. The greatest person on earth would be the person who ends all of humanity once and for all, in a non-painful way, of course.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'd stop him. There are many, many people who want to live, even if I'm not one of them.
  7. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

But how could it be possible for them to want to live if they didnt exist? The human race wouldnt even be a memory, all that would be left will be atoms floating about in space, as if we never existed. If something is that easy to get rid of, whats so important about keeping it?

Oh by the way I just added a poll, never done that before :1st:.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
  8. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

yes :laugh: silly guy :nono: you can't just go blowin' people's babies into outer spaaace!

why? i dunno. i'll explain when i'm less drunk
  9. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

In my book Mass Murder is wrong and can never be justified. There is a lot of bad stuff going on in the world but there is a lot of good stuff as well. No one person has the right to chose life or death for every living thing on the planet.
  10. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i would stop i cause its up to each individual person if they want to die.ont on individual for the whole world.
    now if it were a gun to my head it'd be a different story
  11. i would stop him cause crazy as most of us are and depressed i believe everything will lead to a great purpose
  12. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i'd stop him. i dont want to die just yet. i mean, i want to live my life first. and most of the world does not want to die either.
  13. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Believe me I hate how the humans have made the world into what it has become, but I couldn't kill all the animals who have nothing to do with our suffering.

Maybe if there was a virus that only kills humans... I'd press the button.
    But I would not want to destroy the world.
  14. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Since the past is entirely pointless and without meaning in this present moment, and since so much of humanity is invested in the past, I would most certainly not stop him. I would love to watch the years of history forgotten and faded away. It's silliness and pointlessness. I don't believe it needs nuclear weapons to be erased from our minds. But it does sound like a fun ordeal :)
  16. Rockster

Rockster Guest

The past is never pointless, it is what defines us, how we handle the past...
  17. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I would stop him, but not because I want to save the planet or anything. I'd stop him because I want to be the one that pushes the button and ends it all.

Those few seconds right before I pushed it would be the greatest moments of my entire life. The rush I'd get would be unimaginable. It would be an infinately greater high than any drink,drug,person,thing, ect...has ever given me or ever could give me. The feeling of ultimate power, the fate of the entire planet in the palm of my hand. Nothing could ever top that, therefore there would be no more reason to live at that point anyway. I would be going out on the highest note possible.

So anyway, i guess i cant vote in the poll since neither of the choices really suits my answer. If you had included "kill the man, then push the button yourself" I would have voted for that.
  18. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I voted no but I meant yes. I was answering the "would you stop him?" question at the end of your post.

We have no purpose on this earth so we might as well be put out of our misery of pointless living.

My opinion.
  19. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

this, animals dont deserve to suffer, humans do
  20. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well-Known Member

I would shoot him. I want people to leave me alone, so why should I contradict that belief by bothering other people(i.e. killing them). Let people live out their lives as they wish in accordance with natural laws. To many people want to demand what other people should think or do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.